GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,161
2 members and 2,159 guests
Low D Flat, zdaidjunioro429

Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Joint SGRho/Omega Psi Phi Founder's Celebration in ATL.

http://www.oppf.org/docs/jointcelebration.pdf

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-26-2007, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Good stuff!
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Wolfman, you beat me to it!

I don't think I'll have the funds to attend. I think it's going to be a great event. Anybody on GC planning to attend?

I don't want nobody to give me nothin. Open up a door, I'll get it myself!! (The late, great James Brown)
Old 08-28-2007, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post

I don't think I'll have the funds to attend. I think it's going to be a great event. Anybody on GC planning to attend?
Me!!

ZΦB
Old 08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post

I started to go until I saw the date..11-9 is my birthday and my happy a** will be far away celebrating a milestone (40). Have a wonderful time sorors and fraters.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosoul View Post
Me!!
I thought the celebration was gonna be in DC? I'm not going

ZΦB
Old 09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

hmm... i dunno... i might, i aint never been to ATL. so well see.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I will be there...

Do or Do not. There is no try
Old 10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
I'll be there! The Atlanta chapters are serving as hostesses. Soror tld221, come on down....
Old 11-08-2007, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I will definitely be in the house and plan on hooking up with Fly Delta Phi Chapter Sorors I haven't seen in a grip!

The agenda looks great.

Safe travels to all ....looking forward to a fun weekend!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Joint National Founders Day Celebration Marked By Health, Legal and Political Call-To-Action Weekend In Atlanta

The Sigma Gamma Rho and Omega Psi Phi Joint Founders Day weekend celebration will include participation by such notables as Bishop Carolyn Tyler Guidry and Atlanta Chief of Police Richard J. Pennington

Cary, NC (BlackNews.com) - Together, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. will celebrate more than 180 years of world-wide community service at the Westin Hotel in Peachtree Plaza, Nov. 9-11 in Atlanta.

The weekend joint National Founders Day observance will be marked by national and local subject experts and leaders urging individuals and groups to take responsibility for cancer awareness and treatment, actively avoid credit pitfalls and examine practical solutions, and take other timely community and family strengthening actions – all in keeping with the weekend’s theme of Celebrating Our Heritage Through Positive Action.

The weekend’s culminating event, a critical open-to-the-public Town Hall session, will bring to the forefront specific social, economic and political issues for 2008 to use as a yardstick over the next 12 months in selecting the next leaders of the country, states and local communities.

The Town Hall Meeting will get underway on Saturday, Nov. 10 at 3 p.m. at the Westin Hotel and is free to the public. Panelists will include Mayor Robert Bowser, president of the National Conference of Black Mayors, Mayor Wayne Smith, Irvington, N.J. and others.

Atlanta’s own Chief of Police Richard J. Pennington will enlighten attendees during the weekend’s workshop series on the legalities, as well as the strengthening and precedent-setting penalties for persons found guilty of hazing and stresses the important of working together to solve this growing problem.

"It is only by working in partnership with the community, our churches, schools and social agencies, will we find a viable solution to such issues,” says Chief Pennington. “Police enforce the law, but it is up to society to develop and contribute to the development of them."

Featured during the Sunday closing Ecumenical Service will be the highlighting and support of (New Soror) Bishop Carolyn Tyler Guidry and U.S. Congresswoman Corrine Brown (D-Florida) in their efforts to provide humanitarian aid to Haiti. Bishop Guidry serves as the Presiding Prelate of the 16th Episcopal District which includes Suriname-Guyana, Windward Islands, Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Cuba and London. For more information on the Haiti Humanitarian effort, go to www.ame-sada.org/help.html

"It’s a wonderful privilege to have Congresswoman Corinne Brown and the sisters of Sigma Gamma Rho join me in making this mission project to Haiti a priority,” says Bishop Guidry.

“They are not just giving money but are going to Haiti to roll up their sleeves and do real ‘grunt’ work to assist the people who need so much support. The need is great and I hope more organizations, businesses and individuals will do the same.”

The two weekend hosting international Greek-letter organizations share a legacy of selfless service to humanity and the pursuit of academic excellence, as well as founding dates during the month of November.

Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. was founded on Nov. 12, 1922 on the campus of Butler University by seven school teachers. The aim of the more than 90,000 members, comprising over 500 undergraduate and alumnae chapters – throughout the U.S., the Carribbean, Europe and Korea – is to enhance the quality of life within our communities and the world. Public service, leadership development and high academic standards are the hallmark of the organization’s programs and activities.

Since Nov. 17, 1911, Omega men have been leaders in science, medicine, technology, innovation and academia in their continued challenge to work and uplift humanity. Throughout the year, Omega chapters mentor youth, sponsor blood drives, raise money for scholarships and charitable causes and start initiatives that encourage our young men to make a difference in the lives of African Americans and all people.

Additional information on Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority In. and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. can be found on their respective national websites: www.sgrho1922.org and www.oppf.org/about.asp

PRESS CONTACT:
Jennifer Jones
888-SGR-1922
executivedirector@sgr1922.org

Joann Loveless
412-374-4099
loveleja@westinghouse.com