GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,379
1 members and 2,378 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-01-2002, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Ok. There's a difference between Christmas Carols and just plain old Christmas music. The former I love, especially when performed by a good choir. The latter I CAN'T STAND! I spent a while shopping with my aunt and cousin this weekend, and I couldn't believe the crap that was blaring from the speakers of the stores we visited. I wanted those people to be run over by reindeer, each and every one of them! Give me good, old fashioned Christmas Carols. That's all I need to be musically happy during this festive season.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-01-2002, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Its a tight race between "Little Drummer Boy" & "Carol of the Bells." I don't know which is worse--singing the words "par-umm-pum-pum-pum" (more bad 5th grade choir memories)
-or-
getting stressed out at the pace/key of "hark how the bells sweet silver bells all seem to say throw cares away..." AGCH!!!

That song does anything but make me want to throw my cares away. It makes me want to scratch someone's eyes out.

Otherwise, I like most Christmas music, esp. choral--a good rendition of Handel's "Messiah" puts me in the Christmas spirit.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Carnation, I'm with you...

I'm not too fond of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" either...because it's NOT the most wonderful time of the year! Go into a mall anytime between Thanksgiving and the end of December and you will see what I mean. Or better yet, come to my house.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SHSUChiO
Ugh...Call me Scrooge, but I hate Christmas music. The traditional church-style music is bearable though. I worked in a mall over the holidays a couple of years ago, and just haven't been the same since.
I second that!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, I hate hate hate hate those stupid Mariah Carey songs! I mean come on! Its the same ones year after year!
Old 12-01-2002, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Cluey Send a message via Yahoo to Cluey
Quote:
Originally posted by crystalline
Also, I hate hate hate hate those stupid Mariah Carey songs! I mean come on! Its the same ones year after year!
I agree! When "All I Want For Christmas" comes on, it gets quickly changed.

All I want for Christmas is to never hear that song again, EVER!
Old 12-02-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm really old fashioned and traditionalist when it comes to christmas music. I like the old, religious christmas hymns as well as other classical christmasy music like the Nutcracker Ballet music. I hate all pop-style christmas songs like the ones by Mariah Carey or N'Sync. The one exception to that rule is John Lennon's "So this is Christmas" which I really like.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I cannot stand Carol of the Bells. I still know it from high school. Ding dong ding dong gets on my nerves.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

My least favorite carol is all of them..

If you've ever worked in a mall/retail/restaurant type establishment you can probably relate... XMas music is just obnoxious.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-02-2002, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Least Favorite Carol

The Little Drummer Boy
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
It is like a song version of the movie Ishtar....
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Rap-a-tap-tap-tap
Leaves you wondering, will it ever end???
Old 12-02-2002, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

If you think about it, just about all Xmas music must be really annoying for people who are of religions that don't celebrate Xmas (the religious holiday). And then, the religious songs must be really annoying for people who celebrate Xmas (the consumer holiday).
Old 12-02-2002, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalline
UGH! I agree completely! They palyed "All I Want for Christmas" on the radio this morning! BLECH! Please stop turning one note into 50, Mariah!!!!!

Put up my Christmas tree last night and usually listen to my Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas music. My roomie, who is a huge N'Sync fan, said, "I have N'Sync Christmas! I'll get it". I thought, okay, maybe it will be decent. It sucked!!!! Ruined my holiday decorating!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:31 PM

The office supply store that used "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" during the August Back-To-School sales has made it possible for me to actually sit through the entire song...I couldn't handle it before, but at least now I can just think of the chubby man doing arabesques through the stationary aisle on a shopping cart....
Old 11-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Argh. I heard "Most Wonderful Time" for the first time today and it's time to revive this 3-year-old thread. I can't stand that sucker!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
I went and saw Love Actually last night, and they sing 'All I Want for Christmas (Is you)". I still have that song in my head! I saw that someone mentioned Elvis earlier. My mom has a minor spaz when she hears 'Blue Christmas'. Apparently, her college roommate had the record, and she'd (the roommate) put it on repeat when she and her man were...uh...doing it. Mom says she always thinks of her trampy roommate with that song!

And, Maria Christmas songs are right DOWN there with Christina Christmas songs! UGH!

aj