GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,256
0 members and 2,256 guests
No Members online

Old 03-30-2021, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

On the official ncaa.com website, under title "What March Madness Looked Like The Year You Were Born", the 1948 photo shows a sign that includes the greek letters of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, within a crowd of very proud Kentucky Wildcat fans.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-02-2021, 07:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
On the official ncaa.com website, under title "What March Madness Looked Like The Year You Were Born", the 1948 photo shows a sign that includes the greek letters of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, within a crowd of very proud Kentucky Wildcat fans.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-you-were-born
Old 05-07-2021, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
On the way home from work today, I passed a car with the license plate ALPHA XI.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

In this age of anti-Greek sentiment on some college campuses, it's not surprising how few greek letters I've seen.

One sometimes has to stare at length at a student's decorated t-shirt to decipher familiar Greek letters/words/symbols. It's as if the shirt dec has to be encrypted, indecipherable to all but those who know the code.

However, over multiple days at a nearby college I observed groups of students posing for their group graduation photos while sporting Greek-lettered graduation stoles. Yay, tradition!
Old 06-30-2021, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok this is a bit random, and full disclosure I'm not a Tri-Delta.

So a few weeks back I was watching an old game show the Price is Right pre-Bob Barker and before my time, and one of the contestants who introduced herself said she was a Tri-Delta and had recently attended some convention in NY State.

But yesterday and I'll admit this I do enjoy watching the Real Housewives (its my guilty pleasure). So I am watching RHONY and at the beginning I see Ramona is wearing a Tri-Delta shirt, I know her daughter is a Tri-Delta, but it struck me as odd that she was wearing a tri-delta shirt. Ramona has never mentioned being a Tri-Delta herself, or I don't know if she is an alumnae initiate? Or if she's just wearing her daughter's shirt?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Traveling today: saw a man with a Kappa Lambda Chi hat. Girl in the seat in front of me was wearing a Tri Delta 2021 bud day sweatshirt.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

While on a telehealth appointment, I was drinking out of my AXiD water bottle, and discovered that one of my clinicians who I have known for at least 6-8 years is an alumna from a nearby chapter! We had always clicked moreso than anyone else on my treatment team, and it made so much sense.

It has happened quite a number of times that I have randomly met or knew someone and just felt like we had known one another forever, and they turned out to be sisters!

Old 08-05-2021, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yup, it's that time of year! Noticed a Delta Zeta event tshirt on a female runner waiting for the traffic signal to blink "walk" so she could jog across the busy street.

I always see kids/people here wearing greek-letter shirts just before universities begin classes.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yup, it's that time of year! Noticed a Delta Zeta event tshirt on a female runner waiting for the traffic signal to blink "walk" so she could jog across the busy street.

I always see kids/people here wearing greek-letter shirts just before universities begin classes.
(double posting for additional sightings)

An Alpha Delta Pi sorority sports/game night event tshirt on a 30-ish year old man [checked the spelling twice; it wasn't Alpha Delta Phi fraternity].

Nostalgically huge Alpha Sigma Tau greek letters on a rear car window. Bring back the days of greek letters/symbols on car windows!

Old 09-07-2021, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw an Anchor Splash 2019 t-shirt on a young man this weekend.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

All summer I've been viewing NBC's College Bowl prime time program. The Season Finale aired just last night. I've listed the winning team/school further below.

While not allowed to be worn on stage by the competitors, if you watched this summer-only program you may have seen greek items represented by/on other students/teachers/celebrities/fans featured during the show. I noticed:

dark green and pink Alpha Kappa Alpha shirts;

a large Delta Psi badge (during the Ole Miss match);

a woman throwing an NPHC hand sign (not AKA).

There were two or three other greek letter/badge/hand sign sightings, but I forgot to write them down.

[SPOILER ALERT: the big winners represented Columbia University of NYC.]

Old 09-08-2021, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
All summer I've been viewing NBC's College Bowl prime time program. The Season Finale aired just last night. I've listed the winning team/school further below.

While not allowed to be worn on stage by the competitors, if you watched this summer-only program you may have seen greek items represented by/on other students/teachers/celebrities/fans featured during the show. I noticed:

dark green and pink Alpha Kappa Alpha shirts;

a large Delta Psi badge (during the Ole Miss match);

a woman throwing an NPHC hand sign (not AKA).

There were two or three other greek letter/badge/hand sign sightings, but I forgot to write them down.

[SPOILER ALERT: the big winners represented Columbia University of NYC.]

I've caught a few episodes, what a fun show!
Old 09-14-2021, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

A tshirt, featuring a small snowflake and the words Beta Theta Pi, worn by a college student on the special PBS program Generation 9/11.

Last edited by Cheerio; 09-14-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm watching the Mets 30 for 30. On a crowd pan a guy was wearing an Alpha Phi Delta stitch letter shirt.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 09-27-2021, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

An Iota Phi Theta item, on an office wall behind a lawyer, during a zoom-call interview on the television news (mentioned because seeing Iota items is so rare).