GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,032
1 members and 1,031 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Yesterday an older gentleman who is a Greek alumnus, told me he knew I was an Alpha Gam because of how I presented and carried myself, what my motivations were, and just my overall demeanor and attitude.

Obviously some sister or sisters were inspiring and previously impacted his world, tee hee!

In all seriousness the reason we came to meet is one of those things straight out of The Purpose:
To welcome the opportunity of contributing to the world's work in the community where I am placed because of the joy of service thereby bestowed and the talent of leadership multiplied.
I love this.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
I love this.
Depending on how things go it could possibly end up in the ideas section.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I was in Columbia yesterday -- my first visit to the Mizzou campus since 1995. I went to my dorm, knocked on the door of my room, and totally surprised the young woman who occupies it. (Saying, "I lived here in 1970" is quite effective. <g>) I also went to the EA house, currently occupied by Pi Kappa Phi. The housemother gave me a tour, including upstairs (where three guys showed me their room...rather worse for the wear) and downstairs (homecoming float-making in full swing). All the students I met were very polite. I also had lunch with one of my pledge daughters. (The day before I had been in Jefferson City, staying with another chapter sister and her husband. She invited another chapter sister and her husband....great reunion.)
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post
I was in Columbia yesterday -- my first visit to the Mizzou campus since 1995. I went to my dorm, knocked on the door of my room, and totally surprised the young woman who occupies it. (Saying, "I lived here in 1970" is quite effective. <g>) I also went to the EA house, currently occupied by Pi Kappa Phi. The housemother gave me a tour, including upstairs (where three guys showed me their room...rather worse for the wear) and downstairs (homecoming float-making in full swing). All the students I met were very polite. I also had lunch with one of my pledge daughters. (The day before I had been in Jefferson City, staying with another chapter sister and her husband. She invited another chapter sister and her husband....great reunion.)
Awww!

I briefly lived in a campus building before I found an apartment and it was one of the original women's dorms. There was a chapter having an anniversary weekend and when I came home there were some alumnae in their seventies, eighties and nineties outside, so I brought them in. The building was co-ed at this point and we trudged up the three plus flights and I got my neighbors and the RA type person to open up their old rooms so they could have their nostalgic moments. We took pictures of them with their film cameras (I was the only person who could operate one!!) and we ended up making tea and sitting with them listening to their college stories. Some were hysterical involving sneaking in and out, boys, booze, flirtations with the hashers (house boys) and the kind of pranking and silliness you get in group living. Others were heart breaking, the women who lost friends because of medical issues or accidents, girls who left school for hush-hush reasons or because their families didn't have money, or losing your true love, friends, and brothers during WWII. The international students were shocked that these women were locked in and had a curfew, they couldn't move off campus, or that they had to get permission to wear pants.

I hope when I'm a gray squirrel I can come back and visit a campus that has some similarities to the one where I spent most of my younger adult life and the students are as accommodating as the ones you met.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Tomorrow is GRAC's first business meeting of the year! The president of the local alumnae panhellenic is doing our program. I'm pumped!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^Totally doubling posting, but I just have to say it.

It's taken me almost two years to be able to say this and be absolutely positive about it......

Yep. Alpha Gam is home. I fell in love all over again tonight at chapter.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Wish everyone here could come to our Foundation Fundraiser. Pay $5 to get in the door at Charming Charlies and they will give you a 20% discount on all purchases that night. The Foundation keeps the admission charge. Just in time for Holiday Shopping!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Great idea!!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
^^^Totally doubling posting, but I just have to say it.

It's taken me almost two years to be able to say this and be absolutely positive about it......

Yep. Alpha Gam is home. I fell in love all over again tonight at chapter.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^It took me a little while to get completely comfortable with the women because most of them have been in the chapter for 10+ years. As I've always done, though, I took a position on exec anyway and.......just.....it just clicked last night. It was perfect. I left all giddy and girlish like. I, of course, called my sister and told her that what she's been telling me for two years is true---I had ended up where I belonged.

Oh, and I met Jimmy Choo. Completely by accident--I had no idea it was her!

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 10-14-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Went to a fav gift shop in town to order an engraved item. Turns out co is in Auburn, when I mentioned i needed AGD, clerk said how great the chapter was there.

Yea I know lol!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

My cousin gets initiated next weekend into AGD! I would like to get her something to congratulate her. Any AGD-related suggestions?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Could you get in touch with her sister-mother (big sister)?

It would be nice if you knew what she already has, lol.

Some chapter sister-mothers give their sister-daughters lavaliers so maybe a bracelet?

How about shirt with Alpha Gamma Delta on the front and her name on the back?

My chapter is having Initiation tonight; the 26 new sisters are getting their green jerseys!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougADPi View Post
My cousin gets initiated next weekend into AGD! I would like to get her something to congratulate her. Any AGD-related suggestions?
My favorite gift was a set of chapter letters. Black shirt with a red alpha, yellow gamma, and green delta. All on a white background.

You could get her a mini-paddle that says "ADPi <3s AGD".

When my sister got initiated I got her a wallet keychain that had the AGD letters on it. She carried it until it fell apart.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
My favorite gift was a set of chapter letters. Black shirt with a red alpha, yellow gamma, and green delta. All on a white background.

You could get her a mini-paddle that says "ADPi <3s AGD".

When my sister got initiated I got her a wallet keychain that had the AGD letters on it. She carried it until it fell apart.
1 - I have the shirt!
2 - LOVE this because my niece is an ADPi!
3 - I have gone through 2 plastic squirrel key chains. I have been using the AGD luggage tag that was given at the last Convention I went to (San Antonio) as my everyday keychain - glad I have an extra just in case I need it, lol. It has a bright green ribbon so it is easy to find in my pocketbook.