GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 1,647
1 members and 1,646 guests
No Members online

Old 07-24-2000, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Founders

Ladies and Gentlemen, and fellow Greeks. After bringing in some new initiates this past weekend, I had a moment to think to myself, how grand and beautiful this creation that 10 young men at Iniana Univesity put together. When you sit back and think about it, I am somewhat in awe of their accomplishment. To think that from these ten, well over a hundred thousand men have pledged themselves to the goals and principles that these men strove to live by. Now this is not ment to be plug for K A Psi, because we of course need none, but I think that we all (especially BGLOs) some time or other should just sit back and think about what our founders went through to start this entity that so many young men and women have pledged their lives to.

When we look at our lives and what we have accomplished, does it even compare with what they have done. Not to put ourselves in the same boat with them, but you know what I mean. Look at what they have started. Please indulge me this moment, but I really am in awe of the founders of each of the BGLOs, most especially my beloved Founders.

I think that we all need to take a look back and rededicate ourselves to the principles that our founders strove to live by. They have provided each of us with a road map for "Achievement". While each of us is "required" to learn the history, how many times since you were made have you picked back up your organizations history book? I think that some of the problems that we face today, could be negated if we all (from national chapter down to the newest intake), were to read the history again.

Ok, thank you for allowing me my moment. I send out love to all of my fellow "Devine Niners"
and every other Greek.

One Luv

MN
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-24-2000, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with you Nupe. I many times have also gone back to my history books when something in Greekdom just doesn't seem right. In fear that I would get sidetracked and start "following the crowd", I go back to my history, I reflect on my 7 MOTHERS. their mission, and their vision.
We all nee a look back sometimes.
Tell your neos congatulations from NY!!
Oh how I love those summer babies!

PEACE: Proper Education Always Corrects Error
SoloRHO
Summer '99
Old 07-25-2000, 12:46 AM

Thumbs up

ManndingoNUPE, what an excellent topic. A few months ago I watched “Not For Ourselves Alone” on PBS – it was the story of Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton and their efforts on behalf of women’s suffrage. It really made me think about the women who founded not just my sorority but ALL the sororities. When you think about how women were treated and looked on back in those days – to continue one’s education was an awesome accomplishment in itself, let alone having the courage to start something that would last over a hundred years!!! It just makes you look at everything that’s been accomplished & go WOW!

Speaking of voting – get out there and DO IT. It’s something we take so much for granted and shouldn’t!!
Old 07-25-2000, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

YO-YO MY BRUH. I SECOND THAT NOTION. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. I TOO LATELY HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THE ROLE I PLAY AS A MEMBER OF KAPPA. I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT I HAVEN'T DONE ENOUGH OR HAVEN'T LIVED UP TO THE FOUNDERS DREAM. I PLAN TO REDEDICATE MYSELF TO THE CAUSE. THAT'S WHY I PLEDGED ANYWAY, BUT THE DAILY GRIND SOMETIME MAKES YOU FORGET. YOU GET SIDE-SWIPED. WELL I DO NEED TO GO BACK AND REREAD THE HISTORY AND REFLECT ON OUR FOUNDERS VISION. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER,AND YOU READ MY MIND!

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA
Old 07-25-2000, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Well said, ManndingoNUPE! I'm lucky in the sense that the Founders of my sisterhood are still with us. I haven't met any of them in person (yet!)...but what an opportunity. Your words really inspire me to meet them and thank them for the wonderful legacy they created.

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 07-25-2000, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful post. I must say, this made me look back on my life in general. All the women before me, All the Asians before me, who suffered so that I can easily do what I do today. I do not live up to all they worked so hard for - how could I begin to live up to the women who started the sorority I am working towards? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is doubt. I want to be sure I make my sisterhood all that it can be and work my hardest to uphold the ideal the founders envisioned. Thanks for the wake up call .
Old 07-25-2000, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
I thought you were starting a sorority geared towards Asian women...are you in a sorority now?
Quote:
Originally posted by Asia2000:
Wonderful post. I must say, this made me look back on my life in general. All the women before me, All the Asians before me, who suffered so that I can easily do what I do today. I do not live up to all they worked so hard for - how could I begin to live up to the women who started the sorority I am working towards? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is doubt. I want to be sure I make my sisterhood all that it can be and work my hardest to uphold the ideal the founders envisioned. Thanks for the wake up call .

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Finer Woman's Dream!
Old 07-25-2000, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91:
I thought you were starting a sorority geared towards Asian women...are you in a sorority now?

No, I said, the sorority I am working towards. We are not members yet, but we are working together to bring a chapter of a national to our campus. I am not starting my own sorority, just bringing a chapter (well, trying my hardest to).