GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,014
3 members and 2,011 guests
naraht, Sarak24034, Xidelt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

wanting to rush but totally confused

I am so sorry if there is a post floating around on here that pertains to this, but I am new to this and I didn't have a chance to look through all the threads...
I have been accepted to college of Charleston for fall 09 and I am looking forward to rushing in the fall but I have NO idea where I start and what I am supposed to do...I know that I have the grades (I’m coming in from a community college) and all of that....

I hear about Legacies...well, my sister is a legacy in Gamma Phi Beta, but my university doesn’t have a gamma phi beta chapter so is the legacy then forgotten? To me it seems like it would be since her chapter isn’t there....

rec letters! no idea where to begin with that...and I have seen that some sororities require a picture along with the rec letter, is that normal?

my sister said that it’s a good idea to just rush "one"...THE one you KNOW you want, while I heard from someone else it’s a good idea to rush ALL of them....thing is I dont know which ONE I want and I think it might be a better idea to rush them all anyway...

I would be extremely willing to listen to some advice about this, because according to my school I can’t call the Greek life office until registration for recruitment starts in June, and I have a lot of questions that I want to get answered before I register....
thanks so much!!