GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,028
0 members and 1,028 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2013, 12:31 PM

I'm so sick of corporate bullshit that does nothing to actually help customers or workers, all it does is keep fat cat administrators employed.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm so sick of corporate bullshit that does nothing to actually help customers or workers, all it does is keep fat cat administrators employed.
Can I get an amen? Preach!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! I am thrilled! *Happy Dance*
So happy!!!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-29-2013, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I JUST CLOSED MY FIRST SALE!!!
I'm so excited! This isn't a straight commission gig, but there is commiss involved, so step one to getting to my quarterly goal is that first sale!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Lawyers might, but law students sure don't.
The best was the lawyer I was talking to who was on his fifth drink and talking about how he had a pre-trial conference with a judge at 9 the next morning.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Pretty much.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Can I take a minute to say that it is a little concerning when hiring committees drop off the face of the planet? Internal intelligence says that things are still in play, but no one is returning anyone's phone calls or emails. What on earth? You brought two people in for an interview...screened them twice before getting them there...got them there...now pick one!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
Tonight, my mom told me about how she wanted to go to the March on Washington but was afraid. She was working as a chambermaid at a hotel to save money for college. She had a ride down to Washington but not one back. She was scared she'd get stranded so she didn't go. It's been 50 years and she still wishes she'd gone.

This woman never ceases to amaze me. It wasn't just things that happened in the history books, she was there. I will never understand how this country just throws the elderly away when they are living monuments of history.
Amen and Amen.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Banned

For the people who are annoyed with someone, the person won't leave you alone, but you have to be the bigger person:

I'll Beat That Bitch With a Bat

Dance on.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

The thread about sorority recruitment on college confidential is making my head explode. This girl who keeps talking about how SEC recruitment is sewww terrible and doesn't include minorities, international students or 1st generation Greeks and that her school does it so much better and is far superior makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

Dr. Phil that is so appropriate right now lol
Old 08-30-2013, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners52674 View Post
The thread about sorority recruitment on college confidential is making my head explode. This girl who keeps talking about how SEC recruitment is sewww terrible and doesn't include minorities, international students or 1st generation Greeks and that her school does it so much better and is far superior makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

As I'm posting on that thread, I'm wondering which of the posters are GCers and which aren't...lol. Are you Aubs? If so, you thanked me...lol.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Are people cussing her out? It is perhaps the case that if you knew her school, it is not as awesome and racially, internationally, and generationally diverse as she claims.

Quote:
Are you dancing? LOL.

--------------------------

Okay...I hate to give Miley Cyrus more undeserved attention. But, I have to say that some of us were only "bothered" by her performance because she looked stupid. We know the point behind the song "we can do what we want" and actually "doing what you want" on a stage. We get it. She looked dumb and misplaced nonetheless. Madonna didn't look that dumb back in the 1980s. Other performers who have gone above and beyond have also not looked dumb. You can get attention without looking dumb and "try too hard."

Speaking of...http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...30&id=16853698

What's next? A Tooth Fairy Party?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

<runs over to check College Confidential>

<runs back>

Dr. Phil, will you please go over there and talk sense? Aubs is trying and so is AGDee (guessing you're BarnardMom...not a huge guess!) but someone needs to talk PizzaGirl back into her corner.

I'll post the thread if you need it.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Why the bruhs would have a greek picnic on a Sunday is beyond me. Saturday yeah, Sunday, no. I'm still going though.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
<runs over to check College Confidential>

<runs back>

Dr. Phil, will you please go over there and talk sense? Aubs is trying and so is AGDee (guessing you're BarnardMom...not a huge guess!) but someone needs to talk PizzaGirl back into her corner.

I'll post the thread if you need it.
Nice guess...lol.