GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,291
2 members and 1,289 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII

Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Motivating members

Hey there! I was just got a position in my house and one of my goals is to increase membership involvement and motivate members to be involved in our chapter. It seems like pulling teeth to get girls motivated to help out and be involved. Any ideas on how to increase inspiration in our chapter?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

A strong understanding and adherence of your Ritual will only increase the sisterhood and thus the willingness to do more for the sorority.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphibtillidie View Post
Hey there! I was just got a position in my house and one of my goals is to increase membership involvement and motivate members to be involved in our chapter. It seems like pulling teeth to get girls motivated to help out and be involved. Any ideas on how to increase inspiration in our chapter?
Welcome to GC.

I think the best way to motivate members is to ask them what they want out of their experience in the sorority.

Ask for some time on your meeting agenda to introduce yourself in your new position and let your sisters know that your job is to help make their membership a better experience. Pass out slips of paper for them to write down three things they want to do as members, maybe an idea for each area - sisterhood, philanthropy and social. Ask for specific ideas, like a retreat, or doing a service project with another group, or an idea for a mixer. You can then pass along the ideas to the appropriate officers.

Another idea is to pass out a survey a few times a year, asking members about their current experience, and what they might like to add or change.

If you are doing what the members want to do, then people will be more likely to participate.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

phired up. mules v. horses.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?