GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,574
2 members and 1,572 guests
mlanderson

Old 06-21-2004, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

lil gift ideas!

Hi ladies! I'm planning on taking a lil this fall and I was trying to get a few cute gift ideas! I want to really get the most for my money and I'm totally willing to get crafty to the best of my abilities! Any ideas/ suggestions are welcome! Thanks!!!!

ITB,
Emily
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-21-2004, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Among some other little things, I made my lil' a cork board...it was real cute. I bought a medium sized cork board from Michaels and also bought bronze, pink, and blue paint pens. I got an anchor stencil and stenciled anchors (in bronze, pink, and blue) all over the cork. You could still push push pins in with out messing the anchors up once it dried...it was really cute when all was said and done. I wrapped it all up in a bag I ordered for her off of e-bay - I had it custom made in her favorite colors (these type of bags). I threw in some other lil' stuff...pens, pencils, and a picture frame. She loved it!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash. I made my little a pillow case with letters and her pledge name. I also got her a bear and stickers with her pledge name (Care bear). I also made all kinds of homemade cards.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Some of the crafty things I did were cork boards like CJ's, tote bags with iron on letters, picture frames, and pin boxes. I'm sure if you go to a craft store you'll get tons of ideas when you're in there.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi.

I have 4 Lils, so heres are some of the things i made/ got for them:

- painted a wooden crate to put all their stuff in it...perfect for big/ lil or initiation to carry all the items ie. letters frames etc.
i decorated their bins/ crates with their name etc.
-made them a pillow with DeeGee and their name on it; i did small pillow and body pillow
- got picture frames and hot glued anchors, big/lil, or DG in letters in the corners
-made them a denim tote bag with iron on letters
-got a jar filled with fav. candy and puff painted the jar
-got them Pjs
-bought stuff from the greek store is. license plate frame, stickers, notebooks
-i did the cordboard thing and put an anchor in the corner
-photoalbum, either make one or just buy one
- make a scrapbook with pics of together like from big/lil socials, bid day etc. --> takes time but its alot of fun
-i based alot of it from their favorites list
- baked them cookies
-for big/ lil revealing i made matching shirts/ or sweaters
- i use hat boxes to hold some of the gifts or lil plastic bins and decorated them
-im in the royal family and we give our lils a teddy bear (its our family bear) a sash and a tiara cuz they are princesses

theres more but thatsit from the top of my head. let me know if you need more or need more details on each.

xoxo

p.s like everybody said if you go to a crafts store like michaels youll find alot of stuff and come up with some cool ideas!!!!!!

Last edited by DeeGeePrincess; 06-22-2004 at 03:21 AM.