GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 998
0 members and 998 guests
No Members online

Old 12-02-2016, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
There were four different quotas and chapters were assigned based upon their size going into recruitment. The decision/vote was for 2016. If it is considered again, the collegiate chapters would have to vote again. It was successful at Ole Miss as it did help bring about parity within panhellenic. If the smaller groups COB this semester and in the spring, it may not be necessary to consider something this drastic again.
Thanks, hannah2, I have been enjoying your input. I was wondering what the average chapter size is now at Ole Miss after the 2016 recruitment and which chapters are participating in COB?

With the increasing numbers of students interested in Greek life, has there been any discussion of adding further NPC groups to those already on campus? Yes, I realize Ole Miss has a fairly recently re-opened Chapter a new colony from last year. They both seem to be doing well, as best I can tell. TIA.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Not to sound like a noob or a dolt, but with this variable quota they can still end up being over total, right? Is it based more on return rates than actual numbers in the chapter? That is, the biggest sorority going into rush may not be in the "smallest quota" group?

Apologies if this is too nosey.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Not to sound like a noob or a dolt, but with this variable quota they can still end up being over total, right? Is it based more on return rates than actual numbers in the chapter? That is, the biggest sorority going into rush may not be in the "smallest quota" group?

Apologies if this is too nosey.
Yes a chapter can still end up over total. And the invite back numbers are based on the return rates while considering each chapter's individual quota. So a chapter getting a 90% return rate but with a quota of 105 would invite back less women than a chapter with a 90% return rate and quota of 125.

To be honest, the variable quota sounds A LOT like the way Indiana University does their recruitment.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-02-2016, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Variable quota is being used to help bring about parity in chapter sizes. So the largest groups will have the smallest quota. Total doesn't come into play. This is all about primary recruitment quota.