GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,045
1 members and 1,044 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 04-05-2003, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Again, not letters, but rather a symbol. I was watching "Return to Neverland" (the sequel to Disney's Peter Pan) last night...yeah, 'cause I'm cool like that. Anyway, I noticed the prominent placement of twin stars in the sky ("the second star to the right," if anyone remembers the original). That was exciting to me, because the twin stars are one of Theta's symbols. I don't think it was intentional, of course, but I was excited. And actually, I have heard that the song from Mary Poppins, "Let's Go Fly a Kite" was written for two of Walt Disney's daughters, who were Thetas!

Sarah
Old 04-05-2003, 03:35 PM

Over winter break I went to my ex boyfriend's house wearing my letters. I hadn't seen him since I pledged DZ and when he saw my sweatshirt he said "Hey, we were cleaning out the basement yesterday and I found my mom's old paddle and it had those letters on it." His mom is one of my sisters!!!! How weird is that?
Old 04-05-2003, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

saw our letters on an acrylic paddle, rug, some shirts on some BET show in the afternoon. I think it's called "The Center." it stars amerie with her fine ass.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight I was watching TLC and a comercial for the new show "What not to Wear" came on and they are suprising a Law student who was wearing an ADPi block letter sweatshirt. They also showed her wearing ADPi sweatpants too! I just thought this was cool and I plan to watch!
Old 04-06-2003, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Quote:
Originally posted by SororgrlADPi
Tonight I was watching TLC and a comercial for the new show "What not to Wear" came on and they are suprising a Law student who was wearing an ADPi block letter sweatshirt. They also showed her wearing ADPi sweatpants too! I just thought this was cool and I plan to watch!
We were watching tonight and I missed it, but my husband pointed it out! Though I hope they weren't the kind of pants with the letters on the BUTT! (I don't care what it says, whether it's letters or "bootylicious"... I just can't imagine wearing writing on my backside...)

On another note, I forgot to post this, but about two weeks ago (maybe 3) there was a girl asking a question during American Idol, and she was wearing a light blue shirt that I swear said "gamma phi beta" in small lowercase glitter letters.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to enlightenment06
The next time you see the Nelly/Kelly video "Dilemma" check out the moving van that pulls up. On the side it says "Alpha Movers". The director of the video, Benny Boom, is frat. Congrats to Benny Boom for making moves, he also directed videos for P. Diddy and LL Cool J.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to cutetiger Send a message via AIM to cutetiger Send a message via Yahoo to cutetiger
I saw some DZ letters in the weirdest place. One of the guys installing carpet where I work was wearing a LSU formal DZ shirt. I asked him where he got it and he told me the goodwill store. I wonder if someone at LSU is one shirt short.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztabchbum Send a message via Yahoo to ztabchbum
Quote:
Originally posted by D_Chi_Zinni
the other day on TRL there was a guy commenting on how he liked "in the club" by 50 cent. Right behind the guy talking was 2 delta chi's with their letter shirts on it was pretty cool !
While I was still in college, I was sitting in our chapter room wasting time one day, watching TRL and sure enough the entire front row - right behind where Carson stands - were about 15 ZTA's all in jerseys! How cool!

Last edited by ztabchbum; 04-08-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I just saw a bunch of Xi's on The Price is Right
Old 04-10-2003, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaXi4983
I just saw a bunch of Xi's on The Price is Right
I know there have been adpi's on The Price is Right...cause a large group from my chapter went, and one of my sister's even got on...She wont an ugly rug and toothpaste
Old 04-10-2003, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a commercial for "Road Trip" or some new show on the Travel Channel. The point of the show is that they show you where famous scenes in movies actually took place. Well, in the ending montage for the commercial they talk about Animal House and they show a Pike house. This is weird because (and I believe its been discussed) the movie is shot in another fraternity house at the University of Oregon. Weird.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Not my letters, but strange nonetheless

I was watching an old rerun of COPS the other night on Court TV, and they arrested this redneck guy for warrants and illegal gun possession that was wearing an Alpha Chi Omega formal shirt. The irony of it all is this guy was obviously not college educated.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: finding your letters somewhere you didn't expect

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
I was just wondering some random places where people saw their (or another house's) letters.
Okay, not my letters and not exactly seeing another GLO's letters, but...

I have to start by confessing that Ms. MysticCat is a big Bachelor/Bachelorette fan. Some of the info she was reading after the finale of the most recent Bachelor run says that the "winner," Jen, is an Alpha Xi Delta from Ohio University.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Here I go with the license plates again--can you tell I spend a lot of time in my car?!? I saw "DDD" for all my Tri-Delt friends.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Our cleaning lady was wearing Kappa Kappa Gamma and Delta Tau Delta homecoming shirt the other day. Mind you, she doesn't speak any English, and we're in the middle of Rome. She speaks only Italian, and I highly doubt that she belongs to any GLO.

And last night, while walking by the St. Peter's Basilica, I saw a guy wearing Sigma Chi and Pi Beta Phi shirt. Which reminds me another guy about a week ago in London, wearing Sigma Chi rush t-shirt. Americans are everywhere!