GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 311,529
Threads: 115,239
Welcome to our newest member, zavelapovehu

Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Meow

Hi all!
I am a recent new member of a small, local chapter at a private university. Our entire university is comprised of local chapters, but ours is by far the smallest. It's rough running a chapter with only about 20 people so we all work our butts off. I'm really interested in getting new ideas and feedback on things. Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

If you are a Tau Delta from Otterbein, one of your alums is a member of GC and comes around pretty regularly.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
I came from a small chapter (about 15) at a private university. One of the things I liked about our size was the ability to get to know people so well. Do you live together? We had one floor of one wing of a dormitory Living together and studying together made us close. As a group, we were quite happy with a very limited formal social calendar - we participated in the campus-wide events, of course, but didn't do frequent mixers.

I think a lot depends onwhether your chapter is happy with its size or wants to grow - that will dictate where you put your efforts.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
You rannnnggg?

;-)

Our physical house has some limitations. It is only able to sleep 5 girls, and the interior space is good for living, but perhaps not great for group gathering (meetings are held in buildings on campus...pretty standard for most chapters).

Generally, I don't think there's anything wrong with us being smaller, but it did put a burdens on each girl in the chapter. It meant that literally everyone has an office. It made it hard for girls to step away to deal with a rough semester or to just be in a comfortable space (not everyone is a leader)...more members means more sharing of responsibilities. As an alumna, I'd love to see us grow a bit, just because I love my sorority so much and I think that a lot of girls would benefit from our chapter.

Also: Otterbein is going through a quarter to semester transition, which has changed the way we do recruitment, and also impact the structure of our new member programming. So..growing pains.

But yes, welcome sister

Last edited by PhoenixAzul; 08-28-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: For weird tense issues.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
You rannnnggg?

;-)

Our physical house has some limitations. It is only able to sleep 5 girls, and the interior space is good for living, but perhaps not great for group gathering (meetings are held in buildings on campus...pretty standard for most chapters).

Generally, I don't think there's anything wrong with us being smaller, but it did put a burdens on each girl in the chapter. It meant that literally everyone has an office. It made it hard for girls to step away to deal with a rough semester or to just be in a comfortable space (not everyone is a leader)...more members means more sharing of responsibilities. As an alumna, I'd love to see us grow a bit, just because I love my sorority so much and I think that a lot of girls would benefit from our chapter.

Also: Otterbein is going through a quarter to semester transition, which has changed the way we do recruitment, and also impact the structure of our new member programming. So..growing pains.

But yes, welcome sister

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Isn't there another Tau Delta?

My husbands cousin is a Kappa Phi Omega.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I love our small chapter!!!

The only issue is that we currently only have 3 members who have been active for more than a year, meaning that the majority of us were initated last year. We aren't too up on all the traditions, and our alumni are helping us out as much as possible, but we've ended up putting some new spins on things.

We just got our pledges yesterday and we got 13 new kittens!!! (A huge numbers increase from previous years) and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm also super excited that we have an alumnae here I will definitely be in contact with you when I need ideas.