GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 2,401
1 members and 2,400 guests
No Members online

Old 02-04-2007, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

SigKap Wedding Traditions

I got married in September and wanted to share a special moment with you all....I did have Corinthians read at my wedding. But what made it so incredibly special to me was who read it. I met Jenn on my first night of college (she was my suitemate), and we became fast friends. We then pledged SK together that spring. Throughout college, she either was my suitemate, one floor below me (in the same room), down the hall or across the hall from me. We had our trying times as all friends and sisters do, and have been out of college for almost two years now. If it wasn't for Jenn's encouragement/insistance I never would have dated the man I married. Having a sister that meant so much to me and had "sparked" this relationship we were celebrating, read something so beautiful and meaningful on so many levels, was just amazing. Tears streamed down my face as she read the passage. It was truly a moment I will always remember. I highly suggest if you do this reading at your wedding, to pick a sister who has shown you unconditional love....I know this was random, but I wanted to share!

Sigma Kappa
1<31->
The BEST girls wear PEARLS
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-04-2007, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! It is definitely a beautiful thing to be able to share part of SK with your sisters & family.

I didn't have Corinthians read at my wedding but my girls & I wore our pearl rings and I had my badge under my dress. I wore pearls (of course!) and we were serenaded by my sisters.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

My big sister just got married in August - we had Corinthians read, and we all wore pearls
Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

My big sister just got married in October and she means the world to me! She went alum and then got engaged, so she never got to have a candlelight while active. At the reception, (I talked to her husband beforehand to make sure he was okay with us doing it) I surprised her by having all the Sigma Kappas form a circle and we did a candlelight there to honor her and send her off in the proper SigK way! After the candle light, I had the DJ play "Come On Eileen" and we all did our kick circle with the bride in the center. She later said that her husband teared up because he knew what it meant to her and he was happy but sad at the same time because it was something that he could not do for her.