GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,323
4 members and 1,319 guests
John, Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 10-13-2005, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

And baby makes ... 18? WTF??

These people are crazy!!!

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she’s already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby’s father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well. Johannah’s birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl, he said.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

“We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them,” he said in a telephone interview.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah’s birth and plans to air a show about the family in May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family’s construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family from the northwest Arkansas town of Rogers has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn’t ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter “J”: Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I consider it a "blessing" when people don't contribute so much to the world's overpopulation. WTF.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

If they're actually being good parents to the kids, have enough money to adequately care for them, and aren't just doing this as a joke, then I see no problem with it.

However, if it's some sort of game to them, "How many babies can we make" thing, then I'd have a problem with that.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
If they're actually being good parents to the kids, have enough money to adequately care for them, and aren't just doing this as a joke, then I see no problem with it.

However, if it's some sort of game to them, "How many babies can we make" thing, then I'd have a problem with that.
IIRC, they're very conservative Christians, and feel it's part of their religious duty to "be fruitful and multiply," though 16 children is rather taking it to the extreme.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.

Last edited by ISUKappa; 10-13-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

They've got the loot to take care of them so let them "be fruitfull". The don't seem to be suffering financially since they are building a 7,000 sq ft house to accomodate the whole lot of them.

My dad was one of 13 (15 if you count my grandparents). They weren't farmers or anything - they just liked kids or at least making them anyway.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Jinger? Dude, I'd hope they never got my name right if my name was JINGER.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Unregistered-

Can you imagine how it'd be like if the kids were to interact with the rest of society? No wonder mom home-schools the.

Puritanical throw up, if you ask me.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Jinger will never learn to spell, poor kid!

I still think it's the Invasion of the Jumper People!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't see whats wrong with it. Obviously she wants to build an army to take over the world. Cloning is too expensive so all we want is bang bang bang and pop pop pop out the babies.

I dont want to know your name. i just want. bang bang bang!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:46 PM

My grandmother was one of 16, and they were well loved and taken care of. I think it's fine that they have that many as long as they are all adequately cared for.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-29-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

WTF?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Either TLC or Discovery Channel did a show on them a while back while they were pregnant, but it wasn't about the birth. It was pretty interesting how they made everything work. The mom home-schools them all, and the Father was a state rep, but I'm not sure how they sustain a living.

While I don't agree with their politics or religion or decisions to keep popping kids out, I thought they were very caring, involved, even doting parents to all the kids.

I just wonder how they get a quiet moment to even do the things necessary to have another child...

Oh it also reminds me what they say about Bill Brasky.

Brasky sired a baseball team...an orchestra if you count the bastards!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
My dad was one of twelve kids and I thought that was a big family. 16 kids!?! WOW! If I had 16 kids there would be no way I'd be home-schooling, even if I was staying at home. I think I'd need that time just to do laundry, meal prep and grocery shop. Yeesh. More power to them.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
The lady said she is ready to have a 17th... she isnt stopping any time soon, and quite frankly, by now she would probably prefer to be pregnant... what sucks is people who hear this who are trying hard to get a baby... thats sad for them
Old 10-13-2005, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think she "gave birth" to the baby so much as it fell out of her uterus.

They aren't good parents. There have been TV specials about them -- basically they farm the younger babies out to the older kids and the older kids are the ones that take care of them.

Also, I think it's hilarious that everybody gives props to the white family that does stuff like this and she even wins Mother of the Year awards, but if she was black they'd be pitching a fit and talking about how "irresponsible" they are.