GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,296
0 members and 2,296 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2002, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

snap bid

How should I extend my friend a snap bid? I really want him to pledge. I know he would have a great time and would be great for the chapter. Any ideas on how I should present this too him?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2002, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Does he know that you all are interested in him? Is he interested in joining a fraternity?

If he has just been hanging out, do not give him a bid without making sure he is interested or it might scare him away.

Talk to him about it if you do not know his feelings. If you do know he is interested, have a couple members go give him a bid in person... maybe you, the recruitment chair and the president.

Give him time to decide... it would be very nerve-wracking to have to decide on the spot. Also, remember to tell him why you are giving him a bid and how great you all think he is.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

He knows that I want him in (unless cannot pick up on such things. I was pretty blatant though). I have no idea if is iterested or not. I think he would be if he gave it a chance. I asked him what he thought about fraternities and he basically told me the reasons my chapter was founded. I told him so.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh p.s. I plan to tell him tomorrow or thursday and give him time to decide. Thank you for your advice.

Last edited by Optimist Prime; 09-10-2002 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Just curious, Optimist Prime, and maybe I am missing (or assuming) something here -- is it you who want him and are extending the bid or is it your chapter? I know that in my fraternity at least, a bid can not be extended unless the chapter has approved it by a three-fourth's majority. (Another three-fourth's majority vote is required for initiation.) Is it different in Theta Chi?

In any event -- good luck!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Its diferent from chapter to chapter Mysticcat. I will PM you to explain it further, as do not wish for everyone to know.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

What we do is have two or three brothers go by his place and tell him that we have all met him, and think he is a nice guy. Hes met us and we all get along great. Give him the new member manual if you can, and tell him the basic membership expectations, present him with the bid, tell him how long its good for and then ask him if he has any questions.