GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,526
0 members and 1,526 guests
No Members online

Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
A couple of them are on vacation.
Okay. I was wondering where everybody was.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
A couple of them are on vacation.
I'm back from my wedding/honeymoon. Great time.

I'd never seen water as pristine as it was looking out at the Atlantic Ocean ....that is, until we walked the white sand beaches in Nassau, Bahamas. As a rule, I'm not "save-the-planet" or "super environment" guy, but I did come away with a greater appreciation of nature.

Now, if I can just get my new bride's new phrase "you were such a bachelor" to quit ringing in my ears regarding our house as she's on a scrubbing/cleaning binge, throwing out much of what I held dear, like my collection of McDonald's mugs, old fantasy football magazines, etc..

I'm like "I know I wasn't ever the neatest bachelor, but it wasn't like my house was an al-quaida outpost either."
~ Luke 19:10
Old 05-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Now, if I can just get my new bride's new phrase "you were such a bachelor" to quit ringing in my ears regarding our house as she's on a scrubbing/cleaning binge, throwing out much of what I held dear, like my collection of McDonald's mugs, old fantasy football magazines, etc..
I never understood why females did that shit. They always want to keep what they call sentimental keepings, but throw out the shit we like.

And LOL @ big girl's brother in law showing her hubby big booty females on facebook -CTFU! -that's some funny ass shit. Me and Brandi need to work on the same thing, though. Not so much her, but she says me. I still got females I used to kick it with that I'm still cool with on my facebook page. I could see if I was still kickin with them hard like that, but since I'm not, I don't see why it's a problem. But for real, I haven't been on Facebook in a minute, so I don't know why she's trippin.

Last edited by Iota Man; 05-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Ok, I have a D&R Random:

My husband just got on Facebook about 4 months ago. He's not very computer savvy in general, and is pretty clueless about Facebook "etiquette". He's mostly learning from his brother who is not only also not computer savvy, but recently separated from his wife and on the hunt. The result is them friending all kinds of girls with the stupid "dress like a skank and take a booty pic in the mirror" profile pics. Not gonna lie, it kinda makes me crazy, but not as much in a jealous way as in a "I don't want people to think that these are the kind of people my husband actually associates with" kinda way. I'd say something, but I'm sure he'd throw it back at me that I have a ridic amount of FB friends that I probably shouldn't have (people I've met one time at acting gigs and such). In my defense, I know how to use the privacy settings.
If I showed your husband and his brother some of the big booty females on my page they BOTH would say "GODDAMN!" LOL!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
I never understood why females did that shit. They always want to keep what they call sentimental keepings, but throw out the shit we like.

And LOL @ big girl's brother in law showing her hubby big booty females on facebook -CTFU! -that's some funny ass shit. Me and Brandi need to work on the same thing, though. Not so much her, but she says me. I still got females I used to kick it with that I'm still cool with on my facebook page. I could see if I was still kickin with them hard like that, but since I'm not, I don't see why it's a problem. But for real, I haven't been on Facebook in a minute, so I don't know why she's trippin.
Look, dude, I'm trying cut you some slack, but drop the Jr. High "big girl" bullshit. It's really old, and rude.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
i'm tired of being in a long distance relationship. i need to be touched (not just sexually) on a daily basis.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM

^^^^I've heard that LDRs are hardest on people for whom physical contact (holding hands, etc.) is their 'love language" if you will.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
indeed. affection is one of my love languages.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
^^^^I've heard that LDRs are hardest on people for whom physical contact (holding hands, etc.) is their 'love language" if you will.
Touch is my love language but I always thought I'd be okay with an LDR because being around a man for too long annoyed me no matter how into him I was. That changed when I a) got better social skills and b) spent time with men I was way more into than any of the guys I'd dated in the past.

In short, I was doing it wrong.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Touch is my love language but I always thought I'd be okay with an LDR because being around a man for too long annoyed me no matter how into him I was. That changed when I a) got better social skills and b) spent time with men I was way more into than any of the guys I'd dated in the past.

In short, I was doing it wrong.
I have a co-worker whose got married 10, 12 years ago? She lives in my city, her husband lived/still lives in Chicago. From outward appearances they're happy. She was 40+ then, sort of set in her ways and it was her first marriage (don't know about him) but maybe that helped her. I don't know why it works but apparently it does.

I'd guess when one of them visits the other, they turn off phones and all other contact with the outside world for the weekend, but other than that, it would seem weird to me.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Look, dude, I'm trying cut you some slack, but drop the Jr. High "big girl" bullshit. It's really old, and rude.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

I don't know anything about folks and these love languages. Never really heard of it. Does "touch" fall under tappin that ass? LOL! For real, though, I would be touch, not so much as just tappin it, but I gotta be around my girl, for real. I like that physical part of the relationship.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
Old 05-17-2012, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
^^ The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
I'm strongly Acts of Service, then Words of Encouragement.

Gifts, Quality Time, and Touch are on the bottom for me.

My husband is Quality Time & Touch.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a co-worker whose got married 10, 12 years ago? She lives in my city, her husband lived/still lives in Chicago. From outward appearances they're happy. She was 40+ then, sort of set in her ways and it was her first marriage (don't know about him) but maybe that helped her. I don't know why it works but apparently it does.

I'd guess when one of them visits the other, they turn off phones and all other contact with the outside world for the weekend, but other than that, it would seem weird to me.
Yes, there is a woman at my job whose husband lives in Florida. As someone whose languages are touch then quality time as a trailing second, I have no idea how they make that work.

I bought the 5LLs for Singles. It gave some really good insight to how all this works with friendships and family relationships, too.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl