GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-28-2017, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

summer__gphib,

you bring up very good points! I think the Sororities there use the term quota. But as I was told all are over quota (Normal Memberships). As I said, 6 Fraternities and 3 Sororities which all of the Fraternities would love to see some expansion. I always look forward to any Greek Expansion on any campus!! Good luck on expansion first!

But 2 things must be in place.
1. The School must be okay.
2. The Organization must want to move there and want to be accepted by the School.

Also, then throw in, are there Chapters near who could be of help or would want to? Would you have a chance to get housing if all were housed or do they all live in the dorms??
Still az lot of unanswered questions here!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-28-2017, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
summer__gphib,

you bring up very good points! I think the Sororities there use the term quota. But as I was told all are over quota (Normal Memberships). As I said, 6 Fraternities and 3 Sororities which all of the Fraternities would love to see some expansion. I always look forward to any Greek Expansion on any campus!! Good luck on expansion first!

But 2 things must be in place.
1. The School must be okay.
2. The Organization must want to move there and want to be accepted by the School.

Also, then throw in, are there Chapters near who could be of help or would want to? Would you have a chance to get housing if all were housed or do they all live in the dorms??
Still az lot of unanswered questions here!!
No, quota is the number of PNMs a chapter can take. Total is the word for which you are searching. That's the ceiling number though in reality it's not uncommon for chapters to be over that as quota grows. All the other items you bring into question are ones the national orgs will discern for themselves. And the school must formally "open" for expansion, groups must then apply, come for a campus visit, be invited to present and then be extended an offer. That's the process.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
No, quota is the number of PNMs a chapter can take. Total is the word for which you are searching. That's the ceiling number though in reality it's not uncommon for chapters to be over that as quota grows. All the other items you bring into question are ones the national orgs will discern for themselves. And the school must formally "open" for expansion, groups must then apply, come for a campus visit, be invited to present and then be extended an offer. That's the process.
Thank you for clearing up for me. Could not remember correct terms.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-05-2017, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

please remember that not everyones campus has a greek life office that decides whether or not another organization will come to campus - it is normally something that your panhellenic will decide, if you are NOT greek and are interested I would tell the Panhellenic at your school that you're interested in founding an NPC sorority, and they'll let you know if they are open for expansion. If you ARE in a sorority than you need to be talking to your panhel delegate and ask her panhels opinions
Old 05-05-2017, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudphie View Post
please remember that not everyones campus has a greek life office that decides whether or not another organization will come to campus - it is normally something that your panhellenic will decide, if you are NOT greek and are interested I would tell the Panhellenic at your school that you're interested in founding an NPC sorority, and they'll let you know if they are open for expansion. If you ARE in a sorority than you need to be talking to your panhel delegate and ask her panhels opinions
From your previous posts it appears you are in Canada. Greek life is handled differently there than in the US where the OP is. Here it is common practice for the university administration to determine if a campus will accept/recognize a new group. But thank you for your point of view. Not everyone is familiar with how Canada does Greeks...nor vice versa. In the US, NPC adheres to their stated procedure.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Did you read the link I provided?

Are you currently Greek (specifically NPC)? I asked you that once before, in another thread, but you didn't respond.

And you don't need to start a second thread on the same topic. People get annoyed when that happens.
Or a third thread....