GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Tau Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,875
0 members and 2,875 guests
No Members online

Old 04-22-2010, 03:59 AM
jacobqb

help

we've got an alumni advisory team helping us with rush already, but i was wondering if anybody could offer some more ideas for rush? i'm a sophomore this year and there were 9 people in my pledge class. we increased that number to 17 this past year and this year is a big year to grow off that. the main problem i find we have is that we have to focus on more small town kids and they are typically not as interested in greek life it seems. the reason we have to focus on small town kids is that other fraternities already have like 30-40 members from the big towns nearby (tulsa and oklahoma city; i go to oklahoma state), so the kids from those cities already know tons of guys in like 4-5 of the bigger houses so its almost impossible to get them to go delt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Reach out to these people by becoming their friend. Have your members try to join a lot of different organizations and/or clubs on campus. Don't mention to the person you are in a fraternity or you would like them to join just be friends with them. Once thats done, invite them out to hangout with you and some friends somewhere besides the shelter. This can be eating on campus, off campus, sporting event, etc. He will meet your brothers and hopefully he will become friends with them. Once that is done, bring up the fact that you are in a fraternity that has many more guys like you and brothers he met. He will be a lot more interest and more prone to rushing than if you just directly start talking about fraternities.

hope that helps a little bit. The newest edition of A Life of Excellence has a pretty good recruitment section in the back.