GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,112
1 members and 1,111 guests
No Members online

Old 11-24-2018, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Recommendation letters

So I went to rush for this sorority and I sent all my information in on time and everything was in order, so I thought! I was heartbroken when I found out that " ALL" my recommendation letters were the reason the I didn't get a call for an interview. I just want to know what exactly should I do to greater my chances for next time! I will be apart of this organization by me speaking it into existence but for sure I want to go about the right way of the entire process!
Old 11-24-2018, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

a part
Old 11-24-2018, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea99 View Post
So I went to rush for this sorority and I sent all my information in on time and everything was in order, so I thought! I was heartbroken when I found out that " ALL" my recommendation letters were the reason the I didn't get a call for an interview. I just want to know what exactly should I do to greater my chances for next time! I will be apart of this organization by me speaking it into existence but for sure I want to go about the right way of the entire process!
May I ask - is this NPC, NPHC, or another organization?

Also, I am a little confused by your post, in general terms, but it's okay you don't have to explain yourself.

I'm sorry for your disappointment.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-24-2018, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
May I ask - is this NPC, NPHC, or another organization?

Also, I am a little confused by your post, in general terms, but it's okay you don't have to explain yourself.

I'm sorry for your disappointment.
It's an NPHC org.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I won't speak to the NPHC process specifically because I'm not a member of one, but I would caution you in general about who you got the information from that told you it was the recommendation letters that prevented you from moving forward in the process. Unless you're certain that this person would know that and would be honest with you, I'd take what they say with a grain of salt. We caution disappointed NPC new members and would-be new members all the time who say that so-and-so told them that it was their GPA, or some mean sister, or a rumor from when they were in elementary school that prevented them from getting a bid when that person is likely talking out their elbow.