GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,378
2 members and 1,376 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad Hypo is okay!

What I fel like saying: I have spent my entire spring break doing homework or looking for summer jobs, while my facebook is full of friends at Disneyworld, visiting abroadies in Europe, lying on the beach....which of us is doing break right? Oh well. Hopefully this means I can relax a little next week since it's initiation week and so much is going on!

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 03-16-2013, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

My Husband and I are dreading this as the eldest is getting ready to take the driving test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm very relieved she is ok. That moment when your child calls you, sobbing, and says "I got in an accident" is way up there in the 'scariest moments in life'.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
My Husband and I are dreading this as the eldest is getting ready to take the driving test.
Ditto.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Turning in to a terrific Saturday...

1. Hypo is okay! Although bro's car is toast!
2. Warm and Sunny!
3. I FOUND MY MISSING BADGE!! The one I've had since I initiated with my Arc and dangles. I swear I looked in that drawer before!

Now if I could only find that 1 () missing box...hopefully, if we ever move!..maybe in a few months...
Old 03-16-2013, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hypo got home last night. Tonight, she was driving to Ann Arbor to visit her boyfriend and got in an accident. She is fine. The car is probably totaled. Her brother is not happy as it was his primary vehicle. *sigh* Now what? I need a vehicle...
Glad to hear she's OK!!!

Replacing a teen car would be a pain...you want something safe, but without breaking the bank. Our teen car is my previous Escape, which has worked well. I don't know about you, but we just have the most basic insurance on it, because it's so expensive to insure a teen driver in Michigan. No collision or comprehensive. Generallygreek is a safe driver, but our son starts driver's training this summer...yikes!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

It's 70 degrees outside and I am stuck inside studying for comps. Five more days until I get my life back and I cannot wait.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

In Seattle for a last minute vacation. Love it here but we are walking a ton. Would be perfect if I hadn't started running this week!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Glad to hear she's OK!!!

Replacing a teen car would be a pain...you want something safe, but without breaking the bank. Our teen car is my previous Escape, which has worked well. I don't know about you, but we just have the most basic insurance on it, because it's so expensive to insure a teen driver in Michigan. No collision or comprehensive. Generallygreek is a safe driver, but our son starts driver's training this summer...yikes!
Yes, I only had no fault on it, no collision or comprehensive and it IS a pain to replace the teen car. Like you, this one was the one I used to drive so I knew its mechanical history, etc. I really just want to cry because I was just getting ahead of things financially and this threw a huge wrench into everything. My son is the better driver, frankly. He has been since day one. Maybe Hypo should live in NYC forever, where she won't need a car. The insurance is going to go up no matter what now too. And she got a ticket. We don't know how much that will be for until she calls them on Monday. And they charged me $170 to tow the car ONE MILE. Seriously???? That's just jacked. I have had many "in hindsight" thoughts like... should I have let her drive that far in iffy weather conditions her first time driving in two months? I probably should have had her take MY car, which has collision and comprehensive and is much sturdier anyway. Then I'd only be out the $500 deductible. It would have been a hassle, but not as much of a hassle as this situation.

I just spent almost 8 hours at a chili cookoff fundraiser for my son's high adventure scout camp trip this weekend. Hardly anybody showed up so it actually ended up costing me more than it will benefit me.

I have to take a final and proof read my final project before submitting it this weekend. I am emotionally drained.

I really just want to cry but I don't even really have time to let myself right now. Maybe tomorrow, after my final.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

A clean house helps to keep my allergies in check. Cleaning the house sends my allergies into hyperdrive.

Boy, I miss having a cleaning service.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I ate Chick Fil A for the first time in about a year tonight. It tasted NARSTY and now my belly is upset. Yuck.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad hypo is okay!

RANT: It's gorgeous outside and I'm in here chained to this computer. I have 3 papers and a project all due Monday and even though I've put in a ton of work ahead of time, it still feels like I'm never going to finish. I'm trying to just be grateful for all the good things going on but when I look at the sunshine and the cloudless sky, I get really mad that I'm sitting in here. *sigh* Just one more week...one more week...

/rant

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.

Last edited by StealthMode; 03-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I ate Chick Fil A for the first time in about a year tonight. It tasted NARSTY and now my belly is upset. Yuck.
Get better soon!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post

RANT: It's gorgeous outside and I'm in here chained to this computer. I have 3 papers and a project all due Monday and even though I've put in a ton of work ahead of time, it still feels like I'm never going to finish. I'm trying to just be grateful for all the good things going on but when I look at the sunshine and the cloudless sky, I get really mad that I'm sitting in here. *sigh* Just one more week...one more week...

/rant
I feel you...I have been bitter about this all day. I am just about studied out. Been going at it hard for 30+ days and have about hit the wall.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm very relieved she is ok.
Ditto.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I feel you...I have been bitter about this all day. I am just about studied out. Been going at it hard for 30+ days and have about hit the wall.
0152--CAPTAIN'S LOG:

I'm still at this computer. I have filmed half my project and need to write the script for the other half (then film that with a classmate). I still have the 3 papers to write and am going to knock out the shortest one tonight then attack the other two tomorrow after filming.

Lord, give me strength. And this is with me being AHEAD on all my assignments this quarter! Can you imagine what trouble I'd be in if I hadn't been putting in work on all this stuff before now???

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.