GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani
We haven't had a good makeup thread in awhile.

I was a bad girl today, lol. Impulse buys at the Chanel counter... I have a new love! The only Chanel makeup i've ever had was a lipstick I bought when they did my makeup for a friend's wedding.

Here's what I bought:
Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow -got Lavende and Silvery

Sourcil Due Professionnel- Professional Brow Duo in Blonde

A shadow/liner brush

Aqualumiere sheer colour lipshine in Santa Barbara

The sales lady was so nice as to not tell me the total and to hide my receipt nicely wrapped under the tissue paper, bless her heart, lol. I would've bought more but I had to cut myself off. Their stuff is expensive but I love it!

What have you bought lately?
I am in LOVE with Chanel's loose powder.

My my my.

And I love how the Chanel ladies neatly tuck the receipt in the tissue paper in the Chanel envelope!

I remember when I received my first handwritten thank you note from my Chanel lady... what a sweet gesture!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
I recently bought True Identity Foundation by Boots (a British brand) from Target. I am the worst person ever when it comes to applying makeup, and this is so light and natural that it's virtually idiot-proof.

Boots is AWESOME. They are a pharmacy all over britain, but they have a couple of "store brand" cosmetics that absolutely rule. The foundation I use is their 17 brand. It blends really easy and looks very natural. I also got their shimmer stuff...its very very subtle but still sparkly. I miss Boots...you could get a sandwhich, drink and side for 3 pound or less.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:38 AM
GreekChat Member

^ Ah yes, the meal deal. Tis a good deal, if only the sandwichs weren't completely picked over by the time I meandered from my office onto Market Street.

I agree though, as a rule when buying Boots cosmetics, I prefer No. 17 to No. 7.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I couldn't live without:

Clinique Instant Perfector
Mary Kay Waterproof Mascara (I've been blessed with long lashes, so I can go basic for mascara )
Clinique Color Surge Butter Shine Lipstick in Cranberry Cream
Old 08-31-2006, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartDDD
The new Lancome Fatale mascara is great. It took me some time to get used to the different wand. You only dip it once too and it's enough for both top and bottom lashes, and both eyes. I knew it was a keeper when my boyfriend noticed I had on different mascara. No joke. Worth the $22 bucks.
I just bought this and so far i'm unimpressed....I feel like even with the one dip rule it has the potential for clumping. I'm "eh" about this right now.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Mascara

Speaking of mascara, I recently bought some Dior Show mascara and it is amazing! I swear I look like I have instant false eyelashes.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKeyKKG
Speaking of mascara, I recently bought some Dior Show mascara and it is amazing! I swear I look like I have instant false eyelashes.
Which one is it??? I may be returning the Lancome Fatale! haha
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's a link to Dior Show.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

Google it and read some of the reviews on places like Amazon. It was after seeing those that I took a chance and bought it. I am very happy even spending $23!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKeyKKG
Here's a link to Dior Show.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

Google it and read some of the reviews on places like Amazon. It was after seeing those that I took a chance and bought it. I am very happy even spending $23!
I've heard good things about it too. I've also heard that the YSL mascara ( I can't remember the name) is awesome too. I think the Fatale is definitely going back.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

What's a good liquid eyeliner? I've only been using it for a year (I was all about pencil before), and I want to branch out from Bourgois.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Have any bare escentuals users tried the new "Faux Tan" bronzer? I just saw it on the Sephora website..... I've been wanting them to come out with a bronzer but I'm wondering about the color... hmmmm.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I've recently fallen in love with Revlon's cream blush in Rosy Glow. I'm always horrible about picking out blush colors, but this is the perfect shade and looks great.

I also am really liking Maybelline's Sky High Curves mascara, even though it does kinda clump a lot.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterXO
Have any bare escentuals users tried the new "Faux Tan" bronzer? I just saw it on the Sephora website..... I've been wanting them to come out with a bronzer but I'm wondering about the color... hmmmm.
Went to Sephora and checked it out tonight. It's a darker shade but looks like it would be very forgiving. I didn't get a sample, but probably should have so I could have played with it at home.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

DiorShow Mascara

I really want to try it, but I have poker straight lashes. Will this mascara hold my curl when I use the eyelash curlers?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
What's a good liquid eyeliner? I've only been using it for a year (I was all about pencil before), and I want to branch out from Bourgois.
I was a liquid eyeliner devotee forever until I started using Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel eyeliner last year. It applies with a brush, doesn't glop when you're putting it on, (no more smudges when the brush touches your lower lashes) and wears just as well if not better. Love the stuff!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2797696/...bo=2380178&P=1