GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,175
0 members and 2,175 guests
No Members online

Old 09-21-2003, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Allentown, PA (where they're closing all the factories down)
Send a message via AIM to Jannamique
Sad Sisters at Phi Kappa....

Hey girls-

My chapter is in trouble and none of us is quite sure of what to do about it. There are four sororities on campus and every year the other three hit quota (which hovers around 30) and we always get less than 10 girls- usually somewhere between 5 and 10. The girls we always get are amazing women and wonderful additions to our house, but then in the days after Formal recruitment, we're racing around trying to COB. Our campus has sophomore deferment, and unfortunately, we spend so much time every year trying to COB sophomores that we never get to know any freshman.

I'm an alum now and talking to the girls back at the house. As usual this year, the other three houses made quota- 28- and our house got 5. I just don't know what to do for them- they're all so sad and they all think they've done something wrong. They're happy with the girls that came because they're great girls, but already 2 are on the fence about whether or not they're going to stay and pledge. They're trying to COB already (Bid Day was yesterday), but are afraid that in doing so the girls that they got will think that they're not appreciated or not good enough and that the rest of the campus will think that they look desperate.

Our chapter has had rough goings since it's founding back in 1992- the girls who have been a part of the chapter are all amazing, but for some reason we're never able to show the rest of the campus how great we are, despite the vast amount of respect the rest of the greek community has for us. It's just hard because even after the last 11 years, we still don't know what it is that we're doing or not doing that's hurting us.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know either through here, through e-mail Jannamique@aol.com, or IM- Jannamique. I desperately want to help the girls or give them some advice that they can use. I hate to see them so sad.

-Michelle,
alumna Phi Kappa at Muhlenberg College
Old 09-22-2003, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Michelle-

After going through far too much collegiate flashback, I sent you one long mother of an email.

Y'all know where to find me, and good luck.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I searched "Muhlenberg College" on Greek Chat today just to see what would come up, and I want to put a happy ending with this sad tale

Muhlenberg's Phi Kappa Chapter of Phi Mu is a loud, proud, strong sisterhood of 75 beautiful women!!! I graduated this past May, and came back as an alum to welcome our newest PC- 25 smart, talented, beautiful women who all ranked Phi Mu as their number one choice.

Tears are in my eyes right now. I love my sisters more than anything and am so proud of them <3