GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,246
0 members and 2,246 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2003, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Are there PNMs from YOUR school are on GC?

As much as I want to post about MTSU recruitment from the other side again this year, I realize there are a few potential new members from my college on GC. I've decided that I won't post about my own experiences until after recruitment is over, for obvious reasons.

Where are the other actives who have seen potential new members posting on GC from the same college? I know there must be some. What colleges do you all go to? When is your recruitment, and are you excited about it? Anything else interesting to tell?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-18-2003, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
I wish we had some girls from Florida Tech on here. I'm a little nervous this year because last year Formal Recruitment went very poorly overall (only 6 girls went through). However, we did a great job COBing so we are at 3 below total right now, so I am excited about going over total for the first time ever (as long as we get 4 New Members of course)! Panhellenic has determined that last year was a weird anomoly because there was no indication it was going to be like that.

I would just like to have some girls on here that I could tell about the Florida Tech Recruitment process.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-18-2003, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
I'd be surprised to see someone from Valparaiso, if only because Valpo has under 100 people rushing 7 sororities during formal.

(Not to mention that formal isn't until spring...)
Old 07-18-2003, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I don't think there are any PNMs from my campus on here, which is a shame because I'd kind of like to read about recruitment at a place I'm familiar with.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaMelOU
I have seen one girl on here so far who is going through rush at the University of Oklahoma. I'm excited to meet her cause I'm impressed that she took the initiative to get on Greek Chat and learn the ropes a little before rush begins. I hope some more come on too!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

There are none on here as far as I know which makes me b/c I'd really be interested in hearing their POV on my school's rush. Oh well.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

There is one UA woman, which is the first that I've seen on here in a couple of years which surprises me cause we always have a ton of girls go through. And I hope she posts all about her experience cause I really want to know what she thinks of it all. And just to let her know PLEASE use the names of the sororities. Honestly if you don't like my chapter I wanna know why, what we did etc....It can only help us. Last year when I was a recruitment counselor we'd read all of the girls little rush journals, and it was so helpful. After a while we'd laugh ant the bad things. We'd be like oh god this one is great, she really HATES my chapter, har har har!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish there was some PNMs on here from Auburn, but I don't think that there are
Old 07-18-2003, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think there are any from Marist here. If there are, PM me if you have any questions and good luck!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ShaunaF01
yeah i don't think there are any from plattsburgh either. our greek life interest has gone way down due to circumstances beyond the greek's control. we're hoping what has happened won't hurt us too bad, i guess only time will tell.

congrats astroaphi on being so close to total. what is your total? we have a total of 55 right now but we're looking to having it lowered.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Total is 40 at Florida Tech. There's 2 national sororities, and a new local. The other national looked like they going to be near total, but they had a lot of girls transfer or graduate. This doesn't look good for the local who wants to eventually go national.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-21-2003, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm rushing at Anniesk's school. She knows I'm going through also
Old 07-21-2003, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FAUNikki
Im not sure who is in charge of this whole greek chat thing, but I have an idea. Well you all know how they have individual forums for each GLO, why not make one for each school. So that people who go to the same school could discuss things as well as PNMs could see what is available at their schools??!? Maybe its just me, but I think that could be a good idea... if schools is too broad, then perhaps by state or whatnot.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

USChica06 will be a PNM at USC this year. I am not taking any special precautions, other than keeping chapter business quiet, which I would have done anyways. Also, she is aware that I will not answer her PM's as even computer contact is considered a rush infraction at my school. Last year, my house was the only one on the row with 0 rush infractions, this year, I would hate to be the one to mess that up!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
Quote:
Originally posted by ZetaMelOU
I'm excited to meet her cause I'm impressed that she took the initiative to get on Greek Chat and learn the ropes a little before rush begins.
This has been something I've been questioning but didn't say. Should I bring up tht I've been coming to GC all summer to prepare for rush and sorority life? Would houses (in general) see this as a positive? I don't see why it would be a negative, unless it was bad to be too eager, but I don't know if it's something that should be said at all. Anyone wanna chime in?

Quote:
Originally posted by AXWhoa
And I hope she posts all about her experience cause I really want to know what she thinks of it all. And just to let her know PLEASE use the names of the sororities. Honestly if you don't like my chapter I wanna know why, what we did etc....It can only help us.
I wasn't going to, cuz I had read on another thread that it wasn't such a good idea, but at your request I will do it. I'm super excited to meet you Jill, but I wouldn't want to get you in trouble, so I guess I'll have to wait until after rush. Bummer