GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 977
0 members and 977 guests
No Members online

Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I graduated over 10 years ago and I have a crest sticker on my car (about the size of my palm), with the letters very small underneath. I quite like it.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 PM

I bought a new car today and I'm about to go online to buy a new crest sticker for my back window
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
I bought a new car today and I'm about to go online to buy a new crest sticker for my back window
Ooh, what did you get?

I had letters on my car for a long time after college since I kept driving the same car! I had to buy a new one a few years ago and never put letters on, but I'm not opposed. Gamma Phi just sent out decals to a lot of alumni but the pink sticker won't look good on my red car so I'm sending it to an undergrad I know with a care package.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I graduated in 2009 and I have three sets of greek letters (I hold membership in 3 orgs) in my rear window. I think having stickers in your car window is a simple way to showcase lifetime membership (though, personally, I would advocate for membership in an alumnae chapter)!

Carstickers.com has a great greek selection! And, you can also customize it to put the word "Alumna" under the greek letters. If I ever needed new car stickers, I would order one from carstickers.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I would love it we had a sticker or chrome decal just like our Alumnae recognition pin..
Old 04-08-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
Ooh, what did you get?

I had letters on my car for a long time after college since I kept driving the same car! I had to buy a new one a few years ago and never put letters on, but I'm not opposed. Gamma Phi just sent out decals to a lot of alumni but the pink sticker won't look good on my red car so I'm sending it to an undergrad I know with a care package.
A Honda Pilot. Lots of room for stickers
Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I know that my story will sound a little lame, but whatever. When I was in college I didn't have a license or a car. When I finally did get those things about 7 years later one of the first things I did was get an AXiD license plate holder. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting an organization that you love and has influenced you positively over the years. It doesn't matter how many years it has been since your graduation. I wouldn't worry too much about what anyone else had to say because chances are most people aren't paying that much attention to your car anyway. The people that are paying that much attention to your car to the point where they need to say something negative probably need to get a life anyway.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:37 PM

I got a new vehicle for graduation (December 2003) and immediately went out and bought a nice sticker decal for it. They remained there until they wore so bad, it was better to remove what was left--about three years ago?? I kind of miss them being on my car. I am getting a new vehicle in about a month. I might purchase a new set of letters then.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

KD boutique has an alumna license plate right now.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

My Dad graduated in the 1960s and still has his letters in the lower right side of his rear window. Both Grandfathers still have the same. No surprise then that so do I.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish I could find a small car magnet with Greek letters. I love displaying my affiliation, but I hate bumper stickers. They are such a pain to remove.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I kept mine on my car either.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Acceptable to who?

I've been out of school for some time, but still display my Greek letters and alma mater's logo from time to time. I couldn't care less if someone had something to say about how I choose to display my letters because, well, I'm grown.

Do whatever you want to do. They're YOUR letters on YOUR car.

My name s careful8 and I agree 100% with this poster.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 PM

Damn! I ordered a DZ alum sticker and a license plate holder for the new car (see previous post on the subject) only to find that my husband scooped me and picked up a USNA license plate holder. He cheated because he only had to go to the USNA gift shop to buy his while I had to send away for it

Anyone want a DZ license plate holder? I'm sure not putting it on my beater car, for sure.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a Gamma Phi sticker on my bumper, along with a Texas Longhorn and an Eastern Star emblem. Everyone knows it's me. I am an AI, so it was important to me. With 2 chapters in town, I see lots of sisters.