GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,646
0 members and 2,646 guests
No Members online

Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
This is from a conversation I had with CeCe Newbie yesterday:

KR: If you're at a rush party and one of the sisters says, "Oh CeCe, we love you so much and you'd fit in so well at ABC! When you fill out your bid card, only put down our sorority because we definitely want you!" What do you do?

CCN: Well, I wouldn't put just the one sorority because that would be suiciding, Right?

KR (proudly): Yes, that's right. And you don't want to do that.

CCN: What if I want to join the sorority that asked me to suicide but I still put another sorority second? Will the sisters at the first sorority be mad because I didn't suicide them?

KR (Thinking to herself) Those dirty rushing bitches messing with my baby!!!
KR (Says out loud): I think if you got a bid from the first sorority, they wouldn't know what other sorority you put on your card. But I'm going to ask on GC to see for sure.

So...can anyone help? Thanks!
Unless the campus still does bid-matching by hand and a chapter advisor has a big mouth, I don't think there's any way the chapter would know unless she told them.

If she received a bid from her second (or third) choice chapter, the first choice chapter would obviously know, but it really would be a moot point since she wasn't a NM, and although they "definitely wanted her," they "definitely wanted" X number of NMs above her on the bidlist.

Hmmm...unless, as i keep thinking...If the chapter advisor/recruitment officer knows/figures out from looking at their bid list that she was a quota addition, and has a big mouth, the chapter could know. You can only be a quota addition by maximizing your options, which means you didn't suicide (assuming you attended more than one preference event.) So, I suppose, actually, that if CeCe is a quota addition AND the chapter advisor/chapter officer in charge of recruitment figures out she's a quota addition AND said person has a big mouth and tells the chapter, then yes, I suppose the chapter would know. But, if she HAD suicided, she wouldn't have ended up as a quota addition and a NM....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Any sorority that would be mad because you didn't suicide them is obviously full of bitches.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Any sorority that would be mad because you didn't suicide them is obviously full of bitches.
Oh, absolutely! But if that did happen, the poor pledge wouldn't know it until she's pledged to the bitchy sorority and then it would be too late (at least for that year).
Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeartOneWay View Post
Hmmm...unless, as i keep thinking...If the chapter advisor/recruitment officer knows/figures out from looking at their bid list that she was a quota addition, and has a big mouth, the chapter could know. You can only be a quota addition by maximizing your options, which means you didn't suicide (assuming you attended more than one preference event.) So, I suppose, actually, that if CeCe is a quota addition AND the chapter advisor/chapter officer in charge of recruitment figures out she's a quota addition AND said person has a big mouth and tells the chapter, then yes, I suppose the chapter would know. But, if she HAD suicided, she wouldn't have ended up as a quota addition and a NM....
But the only way to know someone is a QA is to see that she is in your chapter, and another PNM who listed you first is not. So you'd have to know a lot of information to which you are really not privvy to be certain.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 AM
GreekChat Member

A couple of years back we had a girl wear a hoodie with fraternity letters on it to the second night of recruitment, which is generally our "snappy casual" night when we are all in heels and skirts. She was not a sweetheart or pinned and this created a horrible impression, especially among the girls in the sorority who had ties to that fraternity and were technically allowed to wear their letters. Do not act like you are somehow better connected then the next girl, it comes across as crass and arrogant.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

To slightly paraphrase DubaiSis: "Don't say goofy sh** that you think makes you memorable."

Yes! This! How many times have I overheard anxious PNMs spout awkward stuff that weirds out the sisters?

Don't risk it!!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm from the South, religion and boys are never off the topics. We always have our boyfriends come around and sing outside on skit night. We also tell girls which campus church group we go to or which serves free lunches. I know it's not what most of the country does but at my school we have several churches across from classrooms and dorms, it's more part of whom I am than a controversial issue.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

I think that Panhellenic frowns on boys being involved with recruitment.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_tuck View Post
I'm from the South, religion and boys are never off the topics. We always have our boyfriends come around and sing outside on skit night. We also tell girls which campus church group we go to or which serves free lunches. I know it's not what most of the country does but at my school we have several churches across from classrooms and dorms, it's more part of whom I am than a controversial issue.

Which school is this?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Which school is this?
This one's posts always include questionable statements. The smell of perp is strong.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
This one's posts always include questionable statements. The smell of perp is strong.
Indeed it is - and if my perp detector goes off it must be unusually strong. I am usually not very good at detecting a mere whiff, unlike the super GC detectives.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I think that Panhellenic frowns on boys being involved with recruitment.
Ah, yes indeed ^. Thank you, carnation. The NPC frown of disapproval seems to be stated in one of the sections of the Unanimous Agreements, 2012 update, viewable at

https://www.npcwomen.org/resources/p...Agreements.pdf

Unless I got the citation mixed up somehow, it's VI. 2. D:

VI.COLLEGE PANHELLENIC ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT
2. Establishment and Regulation of Membership Recruitment

“D. Each College Panhellenic Association shall prohibit the participation of men in membership recruitment and Bid Day activities.”

--------------------------------
NOTE: The npcwomen site's explanation of the Unanioous Agreements indicates that
". . .the unanimous agreements are ratified by the Inter/National President of each fraternity. Her signature is her fraternity’s pledge that every collegiate and alumna member will abide by and honor the unanimous agreements.

Therefore, each College Panhellenic (or Inter-Sorority Council or the equivalent organization) and Alumnae Panhellenic must incorporate the NPC unanimous agreements into its own procedures and methods of operation (constitution, bylaws and membership recruitment rules).

These unanimous agreements are binding on all member fraternities of the National Panhellenic Conference."

Last edited by exlurker; 05-29-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Well, then, you are a terrible hostess, because asking certain PNM's about their church will make them uncomfortable immediately.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
BZZZZZT! Wrong. Try again.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I never said it was a question I asked, I said I don't consider it off limits. You ask girls what their major is, what high school they attended, etc. If the girls ask about BCM it's not taboo. Who doesn't enjoy a free meal. The former student gov president was a Delta Chi and president of the catholic association on campus. I know the Thetas house mom is a retired church choir director. I do not agree that religion is not a part of almost all members' lives.