GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,612
0 members and 2,612 guests
No Members online

Old 09-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabella View Post
so socialite was definitely a troll? i felt like "he" couldn't have been too real....
Yes. socialite was a strong troll suspect. I ended up getting rid of it.

Hmmm. I've never seen you around before....checking data base.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

don't bother dear. I'm not around too much.

it was just pretty clear to me that "socialite" was making fun of a particular member of that chapter at the school he attends. i doubt anyone not familiar with that chapter at our school would catch on, other than to think his posts were overtly effeminate.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
don't bother dear. I'm not around too much.

it was just pretty clear to me that "socialite" was making fun of a particular member of that chapter at the school he attends. i doubt anyone not familiar with that chapter at our school would catch on, other than to think his posts were overtly effeminate.
I dont understand how your name is annabella yet a lot of your posts are in the fraternity forum
Old 09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydrillbit View Post
I dont understand how your name is annabella yet a lot of your posts are in the fraternity forum
The same way my name is CrackerBarrel but most of my posts aren't in the "What's for dinner" thread over in Chit-Chat.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
The same way my name is CrackerBarrel but most of my posts aren't in the "What's for dinner" thread over in Chit-Chat.
Are you implying that a man would use the name annabella as if that was perfectly normal?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The funny thing is, if you click on my username, and then click on "view all posts," most of my posts are not from the fraternity forum.

Also, something like 70% of the regular posters on here female anyway. I think this is actually the ONLY thread I've posted on in the fraternity forum, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been an all-male thread.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The funny thing is, if you click on my username, and then click on "view all posts," most of my posts are not from the fraternity forum.

Also, something like 70% of the regular posters on here female anyway. I think this is actually the ONLY thread I've posted on in the fraternity forum, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been an all-male thread.
You've posted in 1 tread in the fraternity forum and 2 threads in the sorority forum so it's not like you have some long record that I can look through to determine your sexual identity. I just dont see you WrItInG liKe~thIs instead you're very to the point.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You've posted in 1 tread in the fraternity forum and 2 threads in the sorority forum so it's not like you have some long record that I can look through to determine your sexual identity. I just dont see you WrItInG liKe~thIs instead you're very to the point.
Well, for a 6 week user with 18 posts aren't you the fucking expert all of a sudden.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE-BO View Post
Well, for a 6 week user with 18 posts aren't you the fucking expert all of a sudden.
Romans 1:16
Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE-BO View Post
I've been on forums before and I know someone who has bad intentions when I see one. I dont understand why 70% of the users on this website would be female when only about 50% of Greeks are female. I dont know how someone goes from being an expert on Mizzou to an expert on Pittsburgh either.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've been on forums before and I know someone who has bad intentions when I see one. I dont understand why 70% of the users on this website would be female when only about 50% of Greeks are female. I dont know how someone goes from being an expert on Mizzou to an expert on Pittsburgh either.
About the male to female ratio: because 3/4 of this website is posts about stuff like "yay recruitment!"

And about the schools: because this isn't about Pittsburgh. It's about Pittsburg State which is in Kansas, which you know, might just be pretty fucking close to Missouri.

But I'm glad you don't let anyone get a free pass online. After all,
Old 09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
About the male to female ratio: because 3/4 of this website is posts about stuff like "yay recruitment!"
This cracked me up - so true!

Now...back to the bickering.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Writing like an idiot 8 year old has nothing to do with gender. I mean, you have the same name as that dude from Survivor and you're not running around saying your grandma died. Oh hell. That was Johnny Fairplay. Never mind.

I've pmed w/ annabella, and she's definitely a she.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

# 4 pet peeve:

Confusing Pittsburg State (in Kansas) with University of Pittsburgh (in Pennsylvania).

jonnydrillbit, you lose.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually assumed it was Pittsburgh in PA. But that's irrelevant, my post in this thread didn't have a lot to do with it. And neither did johnnydrillbit's.

To be honest, I don't really care that you think my gender is questionable. You're a stranger on the internet. What really grabbed me is that you took the time to change the color of your text and capitalization. I'm gonna go ahead and judge you. The fact that you try to determine someone's gender by whether or not they write well in English is a little weird, too. Are you sure you're in college? Shouldn't you have encountered more than one female capable of stringing a sentence together by now?