GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,195
2 members and 2,193 guests
oncegreek, Xidelt

Old 11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking What was the best and worst thing that ever happened at the house?

What was the best and worst thing that ever happened at your house?

Best: Nothing better than having our president get arrested for throwing a huge dry event. Noise ordinances can get you arrested!

Worst: House getting shot at by a potatoe cannon then Water balloon launching of apples and shooting of potatoe cannons at Theta Delta Chi and the war that ensued! Broken siding, broken windows, paintball drive bys, etc...

Honorable mention: Mud Bowl 2002 with Alpha Phi. yeah...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-18-2003, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Getting our first House as a Local. Everyone broke rental contracts to live in the House!

One of the Guys decided upon giving the House a GOOD Cleaning to clean the rugs. Well one of the Moroons thought the brown rug would look better if it was blue. Brushes went back blue.!

Need a fund raiser:

pledge thought raffeling off a VW would be Great. We Put it on the lawn of the new House.

Secretary of State , Ks, sent us a letter, cease and desist or will sue you!

Moved the VW to the rear of the House and did it anyway! Lost money on it!

Western Week: A fund raising week and then the Fraternity across The Street Shot Flaming Arrows into the Facade on the Lawn! DAH!

Cops showed up! Hell, it was a free for all, both Houses pelted them with water baloons!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-18-2003, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Re: What was the best and worst thing that ever happened at the house?

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaxiUW

Worst: House getting shot at by a potatoe cannon then Water balloon launching of apples and shooting of potatoe cannons at Theta Delta Chi and the war that ensued! Broken siding, broken windows, paintball drive bys, etc...
Whoa we have the exact same war with Delta Upsilon here ... must be a Theta Delt thing?
Old 11-19-2003, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess so...

I would like to point out that we did not start that. We just finished it. I think we went through two boxes of apples or so. Just so happened our cook made a trip to the store that day. Not to mention they were overloading the potatoe cannon with fluid. Ya gotta do the spray-spray-blow-close-ignite technique. Not the spraaaaaaayyyyyyyy-close-ignite. It causes the burning temperature and the force to be less. They could bearly make it to our house from their balcony. Lets just say we, with ours, we could clear the house behind theirs pretty easily. I think the best idea when put in these situations is to keep in mind that its all in fun and if ya break a window or siding or whatever... be prepared to pay for it.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:27 PM

Our neighbors house caught on fire. Everyone got out and nobody was hurt.

One of our brothers was a DJ so he had these huge speakers that he set up next to his window. As the fire engines arrived at the house they were greeted to the Talking Heads song Burning Down the House.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Best: setting a record for the number of guests at one of our Rush Parties (500).

worse: too many to mention.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 11-19-2003, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

After lunch

I was sitting in the front room, after lunch, when a pledge came down the stairs and said the president had been shot.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
The Berlin Wall

I remember watching CNN, in the house, as they broadcast the Berlin Wall being torn down by the people of that city.

I was amazed.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
LOL These stories are great!
Old 11-19-2003, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Revenge and anger. My pledge class had 25 members and our chapter had 85 total members when I pledged in the fall of 1984. the next fall we took 9 pledges and chapter size slipped to 55.
Many actives became angry(and they couldn't accept blame), so one pledge was blackballed and an active was almost expelled just because our rush was bad.
The Pledge was a good guy and would have made a good dues paying active. He pledged Delta Sig after we booted him and was active for four years.
The active quit at the end of the semester and transferred to UT-Tyler.
I almost quit over my chapters sorry behavior and if my pledge brother had been expelled I would have quit along with at least half a dozen other actives.
I remember the vote to keep my pledge brother was 22 to keep 21 to expel. A 3/4 vote and he would have been expelled. I really felt bad when the vote was announced and my friend realized half the chapter wanted him to quit.
As an aside my pledge brother was short 5 foot three and not very " sharp" (how sad and how 80's). This was the basis for expelling him.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Anybody have a fight with another fraternity for fun and then when all the damage was done pay for the fixing of each house. Another fraternity that we were close with fired water baloons at the sorority between our houses. So we started as well. nothing like surprising gils on the sun porch. But one of ours went a little long or theirs or whatever happened but they started firing at us as well. We started firing back. We could see the other house and they could see us while firing and when they got a hit they cheered and whatever and when we got one we did. After the fight which lasted about 3 hours, there were two broken windows on their house but none on ours. i think we won. We shot about 1500 baloons at them. hahaha. But they weren;t pissed at us or anything. Thats an example of some fun destructive fun.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

another note...

We also hit a police officer that was in the alley between their house and the sorority. He wasn;t mad either. I guess thats just good luck.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Where were you when...?

One more... which is kinda like the berlin wall post...

I was sleeping in the day 9/11 happened. I was woken up by my brother on the sleeping porch and he said that the twin towers had airplanes fly into them. I din;t believe him and went back to sleep. An hour later I woke up and went to his room and sure enough everyone was watching the news.

And when Seattle had its earthquake (7.0), guys in the house put up a bunch of police tape around the house like it was condemned or something and then drew a chalk line in front of the house on the walkway and a brick with a bunch of food coloring on it and a huge puddle of ketchup. That was kinda gross I guess, but so many people asked if the person was okay or not. They were so relieved when we told them about it. But thats what the jackasses in my house did for fun. I was not apart of that.

Or this: this is the best one ever...

For a ruch barbeque, someone got the idea to create an exploding watermelon. Dry Ice Bomb+carved out watermelon=exploding watermelon. They made it and placed it in the front yard. Usually it takes a minute or so before it goes off but it had been like 15 minutes or so. Everyone ran inside as well so the whole front yard was vacant with a bunch of people looking out the windows. Couple minutes go by and these DKE's walk by (15 or so). They see the watermelon and one gets the idea to go grap it and put it on his shoulder. He gets about 10 feet before it goes off right near his ear. Lets just say that they were not happy and covered in watermelon. But then again, should they really have stole our watermelon?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Re: Where were you when...?

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaxiUW
One more... which is kinda like the berlin wall post...

I was sleeping in the day 9/11 happened. I was woken up by my brother on the sleeping porch and he said that the twin towers had airplanes fly into them. I din;t believe him and went back to sleep. An hour later I woke up and went to his room and sure enough everyone was watching the news.

And when Seattle had its earthquake (7.0), guys in the house put up a bunch of police tape around the house like it was condemned or something and then drew a chalk line in front of the house on the walkway and a brick with a bunch of food coloring on it and a huge puddle of ketchup. That was kinda gross I guess, but so many people asked if the person was okay or not. They were so relieved when we told them about it. But thats what the jackasses in my house did for fun. I was not apart of that.

Or this: this is the best one ever...

For a ruch barbeque, someone got the idea to create an exploding watermelon. Dry Ice Bomb+carved out watermelon=exploding watermelon. They made it and placed it in the front yard. Usually it takes a minute or so before it goes off but it had been like 15 minutes or so. Everyone ran inside as well so the whole front yard was vacant with a bunch of people looking out the windows. Couple minutes go by and these DKE's walk by (15 or so). They see the watermelon and one gets the idea to go grap it and put it on his shoulder. He gets about 10 feet before it goes off right near his ear. Lets just say that they were not happy and covered in watermelon. But then again, should they really have stole our watermelon?
I liked that story. If only all stolen things would explode at the hands of the thieves, the world would be a much better place. Besides just blowing up watermellons sounds like great fun.