GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,690
2 members and 1,688 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 04-24-2002, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
A Shout Out to My fellow brothers and sisters

On my campus( University of Guelph) there is only one sorority and one fraternity. Pi Beta Phi and Delta Upsilon.
Greek life on my campus is not big, and not always welcome. But I'm glad I am now part of Pi Beta Phi, and I would like to thank my fellow sisters for making me feel so welcome. I would also like to thank the Du's for making me feel wlcome and together Pi Phi's and Du's can show our campus what greek life is all about.

Pi Phi love and Mine,

Emily
Old 04-25-2002, 12:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Firstly, I wanted to say to the person or org who had the sense enough to start this thread... you are awesome and a huge asset to your org and all greeks!

To all women in Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta of the Syracuse Triad, you are beautiful and I hope we always stick together !

To Kappa Delta, and the ones who helped me in college...you showed me what Greek Love is!

To the members of Alpha Delta Pi... you helped me to see how beautiful I can be...you are wonderful!!

To Phi Mu, esp. VSU PhiMu, your members have only been open and friendly to me may you stay forever strong!

To LXA, to the nicest, funniest, cutest men I have ever met!!

To my fellows sisters, the bond grows stronger every day, I love you all!!!(I had to!)

To all others! We can only grow if we stick together, lets make it last!

Greek Love!!
Old 04-25-2002, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
To the DELTA GAMMAS - every DG I've ever known has been an amazing, intelligent, kind and fun woman.

To the PI BETA PHIS - I just love your philanthrophy.

To the ALPHA KAPPA ALPHAS - The strength of your bonds of sisterhood are so apparent and so strong -- I admire that greatly.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by theta sig agd
Firstly, I wanted to say to the person or org who had the sense enough to start this thread... you are awesome and a huge asset to your org and all greeks!
Thank you Wendy! That was very nice of you to say.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
To start out:

To the sororities at the real University of Michigan ....and all that wear the fine colors of Maize & Blue!!!

To WMU & GVSU Sigma Kappa...for having great taste during Rush and choosing my two friends!

To Chi Omega ...for putting up with all kinds of crap. You girls seem like a really cool sisterhood and I wish we had you on our campus!

To Alpha Delta Pi ...for being the first. It it weren't for your founders, who knows if Phi Mu ever would have come about!

To Phi Sigma Sigma ...for being like sisters to us. Greek Unity on campus wouldn't be there if it weren't for you girls! Phi Sigma Mu 4-Life!

To Delta Phi Epsilon ...for making Greek Week one of the most competitive times of my life.

To Delta Sigma Phi & TKE ...for making weekends worthwhile. You guys are awesome!

And since there weren't really any for Phi Mu, I feel the need to give a shout out to my sisters (altho I know we're not supposed to) for making the Children's Miracle Network so successful!

KLTC
Old 05-10-2002, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I think that its really important to bump this thread back to the top and remember why we're all here on GC! So without further ado...kudos to:

Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta, our Syracuse Triad sisters. It is such a special bond whenever I meet any of your sisters. May you each stand forever strong!

Kappa Kappa Gamma: I have never had the pleasure of really knowing any Kappas before I met KappaStarGirl, but if she is an indicator of the whole...you are a wonderful group of ladies!

Zeta Tau Alpha and Delta Delta Delta: I have two friends who are in these sororities and everyday they look beneath my badge to see me for the person that I really am. They have taught me how important it is to be Greek , not just an Alpha Gamma Delta.

Zeta Phi Beta: I read your boards often and I admire the obvious respect and love that you have for each other. Moreover, your sisters are so welcoming of anyone who wants to participate on your threads...I notice it and I appreciate it. A special note here about Shelacious, my fellow Gator, who always posts with a great deal of thoughtfulness, tact, and insight. It doesn't surprise me that one of your sorors was the person to start this thread! (Thank you, Finer Woman!)

Delta Sigma Theta: I recently discovered that one of my doctors is a Delta, and she has been an absolute godsend to me in recent months. I don't know what I would have done without her...she does you credit!

Sigma Phi Epsilon: for purely personal reasons, thanks for sending my husband to me!

And to all the men and women on Greek Chat, you all are amazing ambassadors for your GLOs. Keep up the good work. You have my respect and my gratitude.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hawaiiagd Send a message via Yahoo to hawaiiagd
Quote:
Originally posted by greeklawgirl

Sigma Phi Epsilon: for purely personal reasons, thanks for sending my husband to me!

Mahalo to Sigma Phi Epsilon for sending me a husband, too
Old 05-11-2002, 09:17 AM

All the NPHC fraternities and sororities: You all have such a strong brotherhood and sisterhood even over the internet. Your forums are hundreds of pages long and you all can talk with each other about absolutely anything. I'm so jealous of you all!

Kappa Sigma: I have met so many wonderful guys who are from this chapter...including my boyfriend!

Alpha Tau Omega: After one of our sisters died a few months ago, ATO came to our chapter meeting. They announced that they had adopted a star for us and named it after our deceased sister. I don't think there was a dry eye in that room. The gift ATO gave us was absolutely amazing.

Kappa Delta, Alpha Epsilon Phi, Delta Phi Epsilon: I'm a legacy to these chapters so I must recognize those members of my family who are greek!
Old 05-11-2002, 10:56 AM
UMgirl

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
To start out:
To the sororities at the real University of Michigan ....and all that wear the fine colors of Maize & Blue!!!
[size=3.5]GO BLUE!!!![/size]

To continue of my first post from this, I'd also like to give shouts out to...
University of Michigan Sororities- We may not have all gotten along with different houses, but when it cames down to it we all pulled togteher, did what we need to and got the job done.
University of Michigan Greeks- for being one of the top systems in the country, and making 4 or 5 years (how many ever years of being Greek) of a persons life truely amazing.

PM Mama- I just had to grin when you wrote the "at the real University of Michigan." lil controversy going on

Last edited by UMgirl; 05-11-2002 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2002, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

A call to action

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to give thanks and give props to the women of AKA, DST and Zeta. As an undergrad I met some wonderful members from each of these fine sororities. Most were RA's or on the Deans List, in more clubs and organizations than I can count. And now as a graduate, I have met more in the work force who are at the top of their game in numerous professions. To the men of Alpha and Sigma, they always showed us much love and support. And we could always count on them to participate in any function we had on campus. To the women of Zeta Tau Alpha who always represented and who thought outside of the box. To the women of Alpha Gamma Delta who although at first the new kids on the block, handled their own. And just to Greeks in general who are doing good things in the community and just in life period, keep it up. And of course to my Sorors of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. words can not express what being an SGRho has done for me. It has brought me friendships with my sisters that will last a lifetime and had opened a whole new world for me. I thank you Sorors of SGRho now and forever.

Tenacious1922
Old 05-11-2002, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
OK First, I must say that I didn't know a lot of sororities first hand until I came on Greek Chat, but now that I know them, if we had a huge greek system, I would have had a gut wrenching time deciding where to go!! ESP, ZTA , Chi-O , KKG , and Tri-Delt !!!
A Chi O -a very good friend of mine was a sister of your for only a few short weeks before she died in a car accident 3 years ago-EVERY sister of your Central Michigan Univ. Chapter came to the funeral, all sang this BEAUTIFUL goodbye song AND along with her brother's chapter Delta Chi (who is the only other greek chapter I know with Buff as a color!!) all got together and bought AXO and DX parents letter for their parents. AMAZING sisterhood-I love every sister of yours I have ever met, if we had a chapter here, I'd be lookin for lyre's as we speak!!

On campus:
SDT -is my "vice chapter". My best friend is a SDT and I swear I think I spend more time in their house than ours. I love all of the girls and they are so sweet and so much fun!!
Sigma Kappa -They have one greek goddess 5 years in a row, giving the most money to a philanthropy during greek week out of all the sororities!!
Delta Zeta -When I first come to EMU, they were the first sorority I knew about and I wanted to be a DZ so bad!!!! I decided to go AGD, but I still think you are the most fun and great girls. Every new DZ I meet, I like even more. You used to have a bad rep for being snotty, but I haven't seen it!!!

Fraternities:
Sigma Phi Epsilon -My fave fraternity on campus-I love every Sig Ep I meet, on and off campus. You truly are Balanced Men!!!
Delta Chi as I said before, DX were here for my friends and I when one of your brothers and his sister died 3 years ago. All of your brothers from his chapter at Ferris were at the funeral-Wonderful brotherhood!!
TKE -Who's fired up about T K E???? My uncle is a brother of yours from way back in the day and he warned me about you when I went greek (totally kidding of course) but I never saw anything but great guys. My big brother is a TKE. Great guys!!!
Old 05-15-2002, 01:50 AM

Thumbs up Kudos

Kudos to the Delta Lodge at the University Of North Texas for generating over 2 million spectators at the Fry Street Fair this semester. All of the bands that played at the 5 different stages were awesome as well as all the drunken hooplah. For those who don't know, the Delta Lodge is an independent brotherhood that only exists at UNT(the Alpha Chapter) but is awesome.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:02 PM

Correction

Correction to the last post. There were only over 10 thousand at the Fry Street Fair. My resources were wrong.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Salience Send a message via Yahoo to Salience
Smile Awww

I just wanted to shout out all members of GLOs. As I have been on here a few years, I have enjoyed reading your public mottoes and philanthropies. Honor, courage, scholarship, filial love, these things should bind us all together in the grand scheme of things. I have seen some of the most beautiful sentiments expressed in sig blocks!

Finer, I'm jumping on the thank-you bandwagon. As a neo who hasn't always felt "the love" on GC, this was a welcome warm fuzzy. It's always nice to be nudged into positivity when we get caught up in our online and realtime dramas.

Tom, hope you're doing okay? You're in my prayers.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Eh, too lazy to put in the colors but...

To Alpha Gamma Delta: I had barely heard of your group before GC, but I must say you have an outstanding sisterhood here. Kisses to greeklawgirl!

To Pi Beta Phi: Our history would be less rich without you. I was visiting a junior high two weeks ago to promote the public library and one of the teachers whose class I spoke to had a Pi Phi keyring and it was neat to feel that bond.

To Sigma Phi Epsilon: You played a big part in making KappaStarboy who he is and all I have to say to that is THANK YOU. He is the greatest guy on the planet and totally changed my view of your fraternity.

To Phi Kappa Tau: Hooray for Mu chapter and all my best guy friends from college. Those men take Phi Tau and what it stands for very seriously and represent you well.

To Phi Delta Theta: Okay, so I never spent as much time at that house as I should have, but thanks for always being so great to us at mixers and pre-rush events.

And to those GC'ers I've had the opportunity to get to know just a tiny bit better: Killarney Rose, TriSigmaTX, Blutang, UMGirl.