GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,290
3 members and 1,287 guests
naraht, Shellfish

Old 04-30-2003, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Sororities at the University of Kentucky

I was just wondering....what are the sororities at the University of Kentucky like? I know a girl who used to be an AOII there and I absolutely adore her. She informed me of the general sterotypes but told me make my own decision and not to let the stereotypes influence me.....does anybody else know about Greek Life at UK?
Jess
Old 04-30-2003, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
What exactly do you want to know?

*edited to add* I can give you general information, but I don't think I can comment on stereotypes or reputations because those depend on who you ask. But if there's any specific questions you have about rush at UK or anything like that, I would be glad to try and answer them for you.

Last edited by AchtungBaby80; 04-30-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, so a tleven2 puts up a post yesterday regarding WKU sororities and in her profile she says she is an AOPi at U of K and then today this.......

I smell something funny round these parts.
If you want to know what people think about AOPi then please just BLUNTLY ASK!
Old 04-30-2003, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemyglo
Okay, so a tleven2 puts up a post yesterday regarding WKU sororities and in her profile she says she is an AOPi at U of K and then today this...
And tleven2 signs her post on WKU as "Tam." Now we have "tam2"?
Old 04-30-2003, 03:19 PM
tlevan2

Okay...its obvious that things need to be cleared up. My name is Tamara, my friends call me Tam, and my username is tlevan2. Yes, I am an AOII at the university of kentucky, and yes I did post a message asking about sororities and fraternities at Western. Never in my message did I say anything about rushing or going greek at WKU...I was simply wondering what fraternities and sororities WKU had and the stereotypes that they have because I am transferring there next semester for my major and was debating over whether or not I should reaffiliate. I love UK, but I am leaving because it really doesn't have my major. Sorry if you thought that I was wondering about rush...I was just trying to decide whether or not to reafilliate at WKU or to solely focus on my major. As for the girl who wanted to know about UK, I am not sure who she is and I only have one greekchat.com account, but I can definitely tell her about the sororities here on campus if she is wanting to rush.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess I should explain since there has obviously been some confusion with my screenname. My name is Jessica and my best friends name is Tamira (sounds like the girls name from Americal Idol, only spelled differently). Anyways, we both live in Dayton, Ohio and have decided to go to the University of Kentucky next year, be roommates, and rush. We already know a few sorority girls at UK but we wanted to find out other girls views on the sororities, so we decided to go on this website last night and rather than using Jess as our screenname, we decided it was too common. We then typed in tam as our screenname, but it was already taken so we just added a 2 to make it tam2. Sorry about the confusion...we didn't realize that there was already someone with that screenname....we we're just simply wanting to know about greek life since we are wanting to rush. We both apologize for the confusion that it looks like we caused.

Jess
Old 04-30-2003, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
this was confusing!

tam2 and tlevan2, thanks for the clarification.

tam2, if you're planning on rushing, I suggest you and your friend head over to the Rush Forum where there is SOOOOOOOOOO much information about sorority rush--what it's like, etc!
Old 04-30-2003, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Try this link
http://www.uky.edu/StudentAffairs/Greek/

Facebook
Old 04-30-2003, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Like I said, I'd be glad to answer any specific questions you can't find the answer to just by going to UK's Fraternity and Sorority pages...after all, I go there!
Old 08-17-2003, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Any news from the Tams?
Old 08-18-2003, 07:47 AM

No, I think they just disappeared into thin air!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:41 PM
tlevan2

Actually, the reason you haven't heard from me this summer is because I work and am back at school...can't tell you though about the other Tam....if you're dying to know about her I would just suggest that you email her or im her instead of suggesting that I know this girl when I DON"T!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally posted by tlevan2
Actually, the reason you haven't heard from me this summer is because I work and am back at school...can't tell you though about the other Tam....if you're dying to know about her I would just suggest that you email her or im her instead of suggesting that I know this girl when I DON"T!
I don't think anyone was trying to suggest that anymore... We know that you are an AOII... We were just trying to determine whether or not Jess and her friend Tamira (tam2) were still planning on rushing at the University of Kentucky this year. Sorry for the confusion--no worries!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:55 PM

tlevan2, I think the thread came back up just because someone was interested in what happened to the folks involved. breathesgelatin hit it right on the head--we're full into Recruitment Thread season on GC so we're always looking for who is rushing and where, even if they haven't posted in a while.

Did you end up going to WKU or staying at Kentucky? I miss being home so much! Good luck this semester and glad to see you post again.

Roses,
Christin
Old 08-18-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Now guys, please don't do this to me! Every time I see this thread in the recent posts pages I jump at it thinking there's someone rushing at UK, and there never is. Why must you all tease me like this?????