GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,702
1 members and 1,701 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 08-21-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Recruitment Event Ideas

I'm new to this Greek Chat network. I am the new VP Recruitment for my sorority and am looking for some new, fresh ideas. We are in somewhat of a lull and what we're doing apparently isn't working. We do one hour long recruitment events and I'm tired of doing the same things over and over. If anyone has any ideas or resources to look at myself....anything at all, please respond. If you're in a similar situation maybe we can work together and exchange ideas, etc. Hope to hear from some of you soon
Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

openminded-are you asking about ideas for continous open recruitment(cor) events or for formal recruitment?

what restrictions does your panhellenic put on spending?

do you have to hold certain parties on certain days,i.e. philanthrophy on day 2 of recruitment week?

what types of things have you done in the past?

a little more info. would help us help you!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Also what sorority/ school are you from? What would work in some areas will not in others.

How bout chapter size? Sometimes you need more/ less people to carry certain things off.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM

OpenMinded, has your chapter considered dual-programming events? There are a lot of things already on your chapter's calendar that could be appropriate for non-members to attend (depending on any chapter or campus regulations of course).

What about:

* inviting PNMs to join in the cheering section for your intramurals team or school's football/basketball/baseball/etc. team
* PNMs volunteering with chapter members at a philanthropic event
* PNMs attending chapter study tables
* small groups of memers meeting with a few PNMs for coffee or lunch on campus
* inviting PNMs to join the chapter to see a speaker on campus
* inviting PNMs to attend a chapter dinner at the house (or join chapter members going out to dinner)
* inviting PNMs to come watch "must see TV" at the chapter house/suite/etc.

Good luck!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Home is the beautifully trashy Jersey Shore. School: The fridgid north of Rochester NY
Send a message via AIM to devilyangel728
Cool

Hey you are certainly not alone on this. My chapter had recruitment workshops with another sorority and that was very helpful. The important thing is finding out what the problem is. If its the events themselves, thats a much easier thing to fix. If its the chapter, try getting your name out there with small philanthropies with lots of exposure (we did a raffle and made over $300 selling $1 tickets, all the stuff was donated so there was no cost to us) and theres tons of literature out there for conversation, and essentially how to sell yourself and your sisterhood. Our old recruitment manuals were a big help as they often had bits taken from many sources so trace those. I know thats what my winter break is going to consist of. Keep a positive attitude it helps! Anyone else with this problem feel free to private message me as well.