GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,201
0 members and 2,201 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2018, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Obvious Newbie

Hi, All!

I'm Rushnewbie. Is it just me or did anyone else have the hardest time choosing a username?? I wanted Clueless, because I truly am; but it was already taken. Hello to Clueless, btw!

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself: My DD is my only child who just started the rush process yesterday. So, I'm dealing with an empty nest and the emotions of recruitment. 😩 I'm not sure there will be enough wine in the world to get through this week. I attended a private girls school, so I have zero experience with this whole process. Even though I have several friends and family members who were in a sorority during their college years, I feel like I've been thrown into the deep end of the ocean! I'm so glad I found y'all! None of my close friends have daughters going through rush right now.

Thanks for letting me ramble!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2018, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your DD! I don't have kids, but I'd assume even Moms who have been through sorority life themselves aren't prepared for their daughters to rush because not only has the process changed so much over the past few years, but nothing really prepares you for sending your child away and worrying that they're going to get hurt during recruitment. Hopefully she finds her home!
Old 08-22-2018, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome! I have an only child as well, but she's several years away from college so right now I enjoy living vicariously through the experiences of other moms.

Keep us posted how things go - for your daughter AND you!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to her! We're still on the wild rollercoaster that is Rush and hoping to land somewhere happy. I've assured my husband that I do not have a drinking problem and that I will be back to "normal" next week! My daughters's rush is an agonizing 11 day process!!!
Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies, welcome! I want to warn you all... during the rush process, your daughter will get her feelings hurt. She will call you crying. She won't understand why XYZ didn't invite her back when they said they loved her and wanted her.

You will get angry when this happens. That is when you get a glass of wine and help her remember that she still has invitations and to forget about the chapters that released her. In the meantime, read, read, read here to help your daughter get through rush to the bid that is at the end!
Old 08-22-2018, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome! It’s hard. So hard! Best of luck to her, and to you. As said above, plenty of good advice/reading here but if you need help, just shout!