GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 997
0 members and 997 guests
No Members online

Old 01-27-2010, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

FSU Winterfest/Spring Rush

Does anyone know what the girls (pnm's) wear to Winterfest? It says "casual" but how casual is it really? Jeans and cute tops or casual dresses/skirts?

Also, what happens at Winterfest? Do the pnm's just wander around the different tables and randomly stop and chat with the members or is it more organized? Does anyone know which houses are participating this year?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

http://greeklife.fsu.edu/PH/recruitment.html

Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

That really doesn't answer my questions....anyone else?????
Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

do you know any girls in sororities there? they would be able to give you the best advice.

i have heard that tables are set up and you go from table to table. i would suggest wearing something a little nicer than
jeans.

i don't understand why which sororities are participating would matter. you are not obligated to join on the spot. go and hear what they have to say. if you don't see anything you like, wait and go thru formal in the fall.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 01-28-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:15 AM

If you really want to know which chapters are taking new members, call the Greek Life office and ask. Do realize, however, that not all the groups taking new members will be taking the same amount of members.

*Side note: I looked at irishpipes' rush thread and it looks like all the chapters made quota or quota plus. What are they having an organized spring rush for? Are there chapters under total?

Last edited by 33girl; 01-28-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonewiththewind View Post
That really doesn't answer my questions....anyone else?????

Listen, sister (and I use that term as generically as possible), the link DOES help.

"Winterfest 2010 If you would like more information on joining a chapter this semester and would like to meet chapter members, please attend Panhellenic Winterfest. Winterfest is a casual drop-in information session that will allow you to interact with women from all chapters, including those taking new members this spring.....

Interest Form
If you would like to receive more information about spring recruitment, please complete the interest form at the link below. This form will allow chapters to contact you concerning recruitment and membership. Please note that this form is NOT a registration (there is no registration for spring recruitment)."

I would guess that if you signed up, they would provide you with more information. Then again, what do I know?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Lighten up ree-XI, I was just looking for some information from someone who had maybe been through it before. I have gone to the website link and yes, I am signed up, but there hasn't been much other specific information available.

Thanks FSUZeta for your response, I was hoping you'd chime in.

33Girl, I did hear that there are 9 houses taking new members but don't know about who is under total and why, because I think most houses took quota in the fall.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Agree with FSUZeta, dress nicer than just jeans. Your appearance does matter!

It is informal, but just because it is informal does not mean it is not serious business. My close friends tell me numerous houses are taking members despite #'s in the fall. There are several reasons why new members are being taken.

Enjoy yourself and meet as many ladies as you can. First impression will be important. Best of Luck.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

gosh, if 9 houses are able to take members that is great for interested pnms!

gonewiththewind, i hesitated to reply because i am an alum. and my information is just hearsay, although the sources are reliable and attended the event last year. do understand that the amount of new members any of the chapters can take is probably small, so keeping an open mind and attending as many individual events that you are able will maximize your chances-don't rule any group out due to "tent talk"-check them out and form your own opinion. it sounds cliche', but all of the chapters have a lot to offer. good luck!!

feel free to pm me if you have anymore questions.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci View Post
My close friends tell me numerous houses are taking members despite #'s in the fall. There are several reasons why new members are being taken.
Withdrawals? They weren't at quota even after making total? Giant cat ate them? What?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Withdrawals? They weren't at quota even after making total? Giant cat ate them? What?
They left school because Tim Tebow is graduating and they are despondent. Or maybe eaten by a gator, not a cat
Old 01-28-2010, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
They left school because Tim Tebow is graduating and they are despondent. Or maybe eaten by a gator, not a cat
FSU students would be rather happy to see Tim Tebow go since he was the UF quarterback. As for being eaten by gators, well, the FSU football team was . . .
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeward*bound View Post
FSU students would be rather happy to see Tim Tebow go since he was the UF quarterback. As for being eaten by gators, well, the FSU football team was . . .
Sorry I get all the schools with blorange confused
Old 01-29-2010, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Isn't FSU garnet and gold????
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

yes. but in defense of vandalsquirrel, i have no idea what her school colors are either, or her team mascot.