GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,596
2 members and 2,594 guests
Titchou, ztylersasd2082

Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
It's more-so a question of actually getting a bid.

It depends on where this person goes to school and how competitive it is. If he's over 21 at the UofA, forget it.
well, unless you are in that the position or situation at this time, that is just something we will never know right? perhaps at the very least, this comment of yours is what you should have said in your first posting. and if i recall the thread correctly, while not in your area, school was rather competitive.
"When you have reached the end of the road, then you can decide, whether to go to the left or to the right, to fire or to water. If you make those decisions before you have even set foot upon the road, it will take you no where... except to a bad end."
Palin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgJA7lPkb1o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnsAU...eature=related
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-31-2008, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinia2 View Post
. . . and if i recall the thread correctly, while not in your area, school was rather competitive.
Are you thinking of this thread: Question on Rushing in my 30s (Fraternity)? If so, the guy was tranferring from a junior college to the University of Washington.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Virginia Military Institute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You might want to look at the Sigma Nu recolonization. I understand it's staring back up very soon. They'll be very friendly to ROTC as our organization's origins were at a military academy. We hold the military in very high regards. Also, if you are involved with a colony, you'll have a great deal more influence as to who they are friendly with/supportive of.

Best of luck.
Hello both Sigma Nu and ATO. The school where your fraternities were founded is not a military academy. The Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Virginia is a full 4 year liberal arts college, and has been since 1839. Regards to all and best wishes from one KA who graduted from this school and remembers fondly the two splendid monuments to your fraternties.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

The federal service academies are also defined by USNWR as liberal arts colleges since over half of the granted degrees are in humanities and sciences AND the terminal degree offered is a BA/BS., much to the dismay of a lot of disgruntled alumni/ae (ie The Corps has.....) Yet all three are still military academies. I don't think anyone was confusing VMI with RMMA, Valley Forge or other military prep schools.