GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,668
0 members and 2,668 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2006, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Sophomore Rush

I'm rushing as a sophomore at UGA (competitive!) so there are two things working against my favor, but I really want this to be a positive experience so any advice would be greatly appreciated! I have the grades and involvement, but any other input would be great.

Here is a problem, though: I rushed last year. My friend was cut from all but two sororities and I was consoling her and lost track of time and missed my round with my favorite sorority! I went to Greek Life and they said it would be fine but I think that was why I was cut (maybe not? let me know!) I went to another round, round three. I freaked out the day of prefs and withdrew. I never saw which ones I had preffed at or anything. So I am re-rushing which I've heard isn't too great. I know most of the negatives, but are there any girls you know that have been successful with rush with a similar situation? Any advice overall or input or comments would be great. Thank you!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-23-2006, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Please do a search. (One of the buttons in the upper right corner of the page.) Most of your questions have been answered already.
Summing it up: to maximize your chances- secure recommendations; make sure your grades are as good as you can get them; hopefully, you are already involved in other activities; be yourself; come up with a succinct, truthful and pleasant answer about why you dropped out of recruitment last year.
Good luck to you.