GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto

Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23girl View Post
I see...well I'm at home now! And I read these comments on the way to the register! Definitely put it back! Instead I got this dress http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/soprano-...resultback=933
I got a text from my sister making sure to cover my shoulders (Thank you for the heads up 33girl!) And I have a long sleeve cardigan to wear with this...But before I cut the tags, is this okay to wear? (I sadly didn't get this on sale like shown online, so returns are possible)
Keep the tags on and keep your receipt. It wouldn't be ok with my sorority, and I know mine can't be the only one with this specification. We only allow pure white, not cream/ivory/off white/natural/whatever. Definitely make a better effort to get in touch with SOMEONE from your chapter, not necessarily the president or NM educator (though she should be making herself available)
Old 09-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
You know...this should be a part of the recruitment manuals the PHC puts out...because not all PMNs are knowledgeable
Not really. NPC has no idea what all the groups need or want for their ritual services, and the only way for them to know would be for the groups to all share their rituals w/ NPC (which ain't happenin'). This is why a college Panhellenic cannot say recs are required. Same principle.

And not only that, I would bet there are many rushees who never see a "recruitment manual."

At some of the schools where all the PNMs and/or sisters wear white dresses on bid day, I'm guessing there is a chapter or two that doesn't actually wear them for ritual. They wear them because it's a school tradition. What happens behind closed doors is another story.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
23girl

Well we had to move dates for our induction...so I either can keep the dress or go searching for a new one ): However I did see some girl of another sorority wear just a white v-neck and white pants, while her sorority sisters and her were lining up for their induction ceremony.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23girl View Post
Well we had to move dates for our induction...so I either can keep the dress or go searching for a new one ): However I did see some girl of another sorority wear just a white v-neck and white pants, while her sorority sisters and her were lining up for their induction ceremony.
Which stores do you have in your area? I know that sounds like an odd question, but if you look online, you may be able to get something from another branch of the same store if you find it online.

MelindaWarren aka Bellatrix Lestrange
Wanna follow me on Pinterest? PM me!
"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."-Albus Dumbledore
Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
23girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by melindawarren View Post
Which stores do you have in your area? I know that sounds like an odd question, but if you look online, you may be able to get something from another branch of the same store if you find it online.
I have Nordstrom's, Macy's, Dillard's, Bloomingdale's, Sak's, Pacsun, Forever 21...and those high end stores of which I'll never be able to afford like Dior or Chanel...yeah it's kinda a bit city. But apparently it's not enough to find a decent dress...
Old 09-22-2011, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget the oldest store of all -- your dorm floor! Esp if you have friends in other sororities that have already done their pledging/induction. See if anyone has a conservative white dress you can borrow.

My freshman year, we were allowed to do khaki/off white and white for pledging but then all white for Initiation. But it was honestly really sloppy looking, and we changed it to all white. I borrowed my initiation dress freshman year (it is HARD to find a white dress in March!) and then bought one over the summer between freshman and sophomore year and wore it for every subsequent initiation/pledging. It's probably my most worn dress because of that.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 AM

There was a white skirt on my dorm floor that went to at least 3 different sorority/little sister rituals. If it could talk we'd all be in trouble.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

show your dress to the ritual officer of your chapter and ask her if it is appropriate.