GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,368
3 members and 2,365 guests
GammaGirl1908, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 12-02-2008, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Wait, you can surf in Texas?
When a hurricane is coming Kidding aside, there are a few decent places, Corpus included, but you have to enjoy the brown water...

http://www.surfcorpus.com/gallery.html

But, surfing in Boston? Where, on the Charles River?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Board shorts and surfer shirts are not acceptable for rush at a conservative school, or any school for that matter
Don't mean to hijack, but I've seen a good number of rushees go to a rush event in shorts and "surfer shirts." Maybe not board shorts, but shorts nonetheless. Oh, and sandals.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
He got all y'all.

No way in hell this kid is real. If you do nothing but surf and it is your life, why the hell would you go to a school in north Mississippi? It's hard to go to school in the southeast and find a school farther from surfable water than Ole Miss. Also, the allure at Ole Miss is the tradition and conservative party atmosphere, no reason a surfer kid would go there over somewhere like, say, any of the Florida schools where the surf/skate crowd actually exists. Not to mention the name DudeOfFLA.

And everyone I know from Florida who surfs drinks. Quite a bit.
im fake. why would i fake this. I need to get away from florida. I want to go to an SEC School. I want to get away from the surf. what about Dude of FLA. Dude of Florida. instead the Duke of something.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

yea i am not fake. Over the summer stuff happened to me and I need to get away from it. With the fact I love college football and i want to be a journalist the best place for that is in the SEC. Ole Miss is the only SEC school that has let me in despite what happened
Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeoffla View Post
yea i am not fake. Over the summer stuff happened to me and I need to get away from it. With the fact I love college football and i want to be a journalist the best place for that is in the SEC. Ole Miss is the only SEC school that has let me in despite what happened
Where do you live?

Do you have any idea how much different it'll be?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

if the kid was for real and he wanted to leave fla but stay in the south he would go to uncw. or if he wanted to stay in fla he would go to flagler. or UMiami (although it is quite inconsistent)

In the NE, surfing is very much a part of the preppy coastal living scene. While I acknowledge that there is a difference between NE preppy and SEC fratty, the two do have their similarities, so it might be possible that a kid who surfs could mesh well? provided hes not a total surf rat of course.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichat View Post
if the kid was for real and he wanted to leave fla but stay in the south he would go to uncw. or if he wanted to stay in fla he would go to flagler. or UMiami (although it is quite inconsistent)

In the NE, surfing is very much a part of the preppy coastal living scene. While I acknowledge that there is a difference between NE preppy and SEC fratty, the two do have their similarities, so it might be possible that a kid who surfs could mesh well? provided hes not a total surf rat of course.
like I said SEC FOOTBALL. Big reason. Miami is to hard to get into. UNCW is a nice place but it sucks. I live in Orlando born on Big Island in Hawaii. Im like a johnny sunami but white and going to an SEC school. somebody call disney channel
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

You live in Orlando, the only city in Florida without beaches, and you're an avid surfer.. UM is too hard to get into but you got into an SEC school.. You're like a "white johnny tsunami."

lol, shenanigans.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

na dude. parents were based in Hawaii for navy had me. moved to Orlando when mom died. dad got job with lockeed martin. and the beach is only 30 away. but Ron Jon surf shop has a giant wave pool that produce 7-10 footers. and so does Disney's typhoon lagoon and i go there often. and my school district made high school times at 9:30 now so its easier to surf in the morning. why wont anyone answer my questions. at ole miss and i wana pledge/rush i have to drink right?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDeltaDelta View Post
ADD?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

FWIW - Typhoon Lagoon surfing is out of commission. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
na dude. parents were based in Hawaii for navy had me. moved to Orlando when mom died. dad got job with lockeed martin. and the beach is only 30 away. but Ron Jon surf shop has a giant wave pool that produce 7-10 footers. and so does Disney's typhoon lagoon and i go there often. and my school district made high school times at 9:30 now so its easier to surf in the morning. why wont anyone answer my questions. at ole miss and i wana pledge/rush i have to drink right?
Nice try at the save. I have tons of friends that live in Orlando (including some that surf) and the Ron Jon Surf Park has never opened (despite the fact they have been saying it's coming ever since the Festival Bay mall opened) and Disney charged at least $1,000 for every 6 person surf session at Typhoon Lagoon and aren't offering it at all anymore. Really, decent (at best) effort at faking everyone out though.

ETA: Also, you're driving pretty damn fast to get to a surfable beach from Orlando in 30 minutes. Any beach is close to an hour away (more in morning traffic) and they really aren't surfable at all until you get to damn near St. Augustine (much farther than 30 minutes).

Last edited by CrackerBarrel; 12-02-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
Nice try at the save. I have tons of friends that live in Orlando (including some that surf) and the Ron Jon Surf Park has never opened (despite the fact they have been saying it's coming ever since the Festival Bay mall opened) and Disney charged at least $1,000 for every 6 person surf session at Typhoon Lagoon and aren't offering it at all anymore. Really, decent (at best) effort at faking everyone out though.

ETA: Also, you're driving pretty damn fast to get to a surfable beach from Orlando in 30 minutes. Any beach is close to an hour away (more in morning traffic) and they really aren't surfable at all until you get to damn near St. Augustine (much farther than 30 minutes).
yea ron jon at festival bay never opened but since you know everything you would know that typhoona lagoon has a monthly fee for surfing. its $20 for 3 sessions. AND that ron jons pool does work it just wont open to the public for another year. Cape Surf hhas a deal with them to let us surf there 2nd. you would know back roads are fast and espically where you live. i live in lake mary. im in the magnet program at an ocps school. lake mary is 30 away from beach on 1-4 25 on the back roads. do you have anything better than try to prove high schoolers wanting an opinion wrong on who they are. i no who i am. i am a surfer who lives in orlando orlando
Old 12-02-2008, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

They haven't finished (not sure they've started, haven't been there in a few months) the pool at Festival Bay. And no, Typhoon Lagoon only let people surf before the park opened for the day. They wouldn't open the park early for you three times a month for $20. But sure, rush at Ole Miss if you really want to insist on your story.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
yea ron jon at festival bay never opened but since you know everything you would know that typhoona lagoon has a monthly fee for surfing. its $20 for 3 sessions. AND that ron jons pool does work it just wont open to the public for another year. Cape Surf hhas a deal with them to let us surf there 2nd. you would know back roads are fast and espically where you live. i live in lake mary. im in the magnet program at an ocps school. lake mary is 30 away from beach on 1-4 25 on the back roads. do you have anything better than try to prove high schoolers wanting an opinion wrong on who they are. i no who i am. i am a surfer who lives in orlando orlando
QFP. Your biggest mistake right there.

OCPS = Orange County Public Schools. Lake Mary is in Seminole County. Come again soon.