GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 313,694
Threads: 115,418
Welcome to our newest member, PaulineHam

Old 03-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Unhappy Sad day in South Africa

The South Afrian cricket team has been eliminated from the World Cup. Sad day, though I got ticket for the final.

On a brighter note, I'm going to Australia for the Rugby World Cup. Woohoo, go All Blacks

Old 03-04-2003, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Okay, I know nothing about rugby, but Mary Christmas, those are some YUMMY looking guys in that photo!
Old 03-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Banned

Damn, thats wierd....

I was actually about to make a post to you asking about something that has to do with S-Afrika.

See, here's my issue. This past weekend I broke up with a girl that I've been dating for about 4 months. She lives in another town, goes to another school and is younger than I. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Well, a few weeks ago I met this chicks at a GNC store. She was working and I was buying a 5 gallon protein bucket. This girl was really hot and kept smiling, laughing and flirting with me. So, I sit there and we talk for awhile since it was dead in the store. Her name is Elaine. She's from South Afrika, Durban to be exact. To make a long story short, I got her number and gave her mine. We also talked about surfing and how she wants me to teach her. Well I never call chicks first, I always wait on them and keep them on their toes. I got a call 3 days latter from her and we talked for awhile (She has the sexiest accent next to a german one). We talked for a little while and then I had to let her go, I was busy. Since then we've played phone tag back and forth, hung out 6 times and have now made plans for this weekend.

My dillema is that I'm actually going into uncharted territory. See, I never really been around south-african chicks for any extended length of time. Other than visiting the country and hitting on girls at clubs and trying to bring them home for a quickie, thats all the time I have in the driver seat. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew how their brain works, or if it was like American chicks.....but most guys know that foreign girls are not the same as american girls. Either they love you or they hate you, they don't play mind games. Also, I could use the club/bar game to overcome her....but the problem with that is that she doesn't go to bars or clubs!!!!! When aksed what does she do.....she replied "I go to school, work out, work and relax at the beach." Now, I've never really met a girl who doesn't like the club/bar scene.... thats home field for me. Right now I'm in the away camp and it's awkward.

Here are my questions......

1st: Whats the best way to approach this situation?

2nd: How to go about wrapping them around your finger, quickly?

3rd: Are they crazy? In that I mean, are they possesive when they start to really like you?

4th: Anything particular about their culture I could use to my advantage or as a jestur that I'm trying to impress her?

5th: She's a light blonde and it's real. Her hair matches her eye brows and skin hair. I know it doesn't take much to impress blondes. So, what type of food is an ethnic thing they eat? Something that is a favorite by most south african chicks but something you rarely see people eating here in the states.

6th: I can tell she's not impressed by material things, with that said.....do you think it would be a good idea, or not, to take her to Key West for the weekend? I doubt she realizes how expensive it is to have a place down there. It's a small island town. My parents have a cute little house down there, and the weather is beautiful. I think she'd like it.

I'm trying to set up some pimp $hit for our weekend together. I know this chick likes me, she calls me 3 times a day. I've been real smooth about this whole situation. I don't want to phuck some $hit up by trying to bang her too early. Seriously, I just can't do something like that to this girl. Why? Because 1:, she's too nice and 2: I think I like her as well.

Try to answer these the best of your knowledge Arya.....BTW, whatever happened to the Ministry of Sound idea?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, Arya, the All Blacks are pretty good, but I'm all about England.

Jonny Wilkinson rocks! What a talented guy. Of course, the girl in me just has to add that I love the little dance thing he does as he's setting up for the kick heheheh.....

.....Kelly
Old 03-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Dude, don't know much bout Durban girl, seeing that I was either in Cape Town or Pretoria. From what I can gather, they are very laid back beach type. Most of them are crazy bout Rugby and Surfing. Tell her that you really like the Natal Shark and you despise Wallabies and All Blacks.

Sistermadly, more All Blacks for your pleasure:

Navane: I agree the English team played very well this season against the Southern Hemisphere. I think the French would do well in the World Cup. My loyalty is to All Blacks though.