GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,397
1 members and 1,396 guests
speedsters

Old 02-14-2014, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Unless there is a chapter at her grad school that also happens to be willing to pledge a grad student. We can pledge grad students; I've just never heard of it actually happening.
So it sounds like the OP aspirations of membership aren't very likely. Its interesting the OP 1. included a KKG symbol as part of her name, 2. curious why she's solely focused on KKG, and 3. if she wanted to be apart of a greek org, why didn't she pursue this as an undergrad?

I don't personally have any issue with someone wanting to AI but its just strange the approach that was taken. The OP would have been better served pursuing the other posts here to perhaps get some insight.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Kappa does not offer AI, but thanks for appropriating one of our symbols for your user name.
Sorry, but my username actually has nothing to do with owls being one of the symbols of the sorority... last I checked, they're related to a lot more than just Kappa... but hey, thanks for jumping to conclusions and getting pissed about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
So it sounds like the OP aspirations of membership aren't very likely. Its interesting the OP 1. included a KKG symbol as part of her name, 2. curious why she's solely focused on KKG, and 3. if she wanted to be apart of a greek org, why didn't she pursue this as an undergrad?

I don't personally have any issue with someone wanting to AI but its just strange the approach that was taken. The OP would have been better served pursuing the other posts here to perhaps get some insight.
1. Although I am aware that it is a Kappa symbol, that's not why it was chosen. Like, nothing to do with it. Seriously.
2. I'm not focused solely on Kappa, Kappa was just the only one I couldn't find information about, so I thought I'd ask. Other sororities that I looked at had the information plainly available on their websites, so I didn't need to ask anyone about them.
3. I didn't have the opportunity to go greek in undergrad. It just isn't something available to everyone, although I really wish that it had been available to me.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Owlette, it is a perfectly reasonable conclusion for the GCers to draw and undeserving of your snippy reply. At best, your selection of a user name was a bit unwise. I will draw your attention to post #3. Read it again carefully and consider what very strong ties you have with an organization.

Good luck with grad school. That is probably where your focus should be.

Last edited by pinksequins; 02-14-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlette19 View Post
Sorry, but my username actually has nothing to do with owls being one of the symbols of the sorority... last I checked, they're related to a lot more than just Kappa... but hey, thanks for jumping to conclusions and getting pissed about it.

1. Although I am aware that it is a Kappa symbol, that's not why it was chosen. Like, nothing to do with it. Seriously.
2. I'm not focused solely on Kappa, Kappa was just the only one I couldn't find information about, so I thought I'd ask. Other sororities that I looked at had the information plainly available on their websites, so I didn't need to ask anyone about them.
3. I didn't have the opportunity to go greek in undergrad. It just isn't something available to everyone, although I really wish that it had been available to me.
QFP
Old 02-14-2014, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
Owlette, it is a perfectly reasonable conclusion for the GCers to draw and undeserving of your snippy reply. At best, your selection of a user name was a bit unwise. I will draw your attention to post #3. Read it again carefully and consider what very strong ties you have with an organization.
This.

Quote:
Did you attend a school with no Greek life?

@~/~~~~
Old 02-14-2014, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Do you mean that you could not join a sorority as an undergrad because of financial reasons? If so, that does not mean that membership was "not available you." Not being able to afford something is completely different.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:03 PM

Kappa doesn't have exclusive rights to owls you know. I used my car keys today, and that doesn't make me a Kappa wannabe. Why would anyone, on a Greek site, in a thread about AIing into Kappa, presume that the poster was appropriating a KKG symbol? That is so ridiculous and mean. Kappas think everything is about them.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM

It may be because she asked in a Kappa forum. Had she asked elsewhere, I may have thought both Kappa & Chi Omega.

However, and this is just me (and those that follow me on Facebook know) I'm very pro-Greek and it consumes a large part of my thinking due to what I do. Thus for me, someone posting on a Greek message board with a certain color, symbol, mascot, etc., my brain will automatically think Greek first, and school second. Unless they flat out say something to the contrary, nothing else will enter my brain.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post

Good luck with grad school. That is probably where your focus should be.
I think their response was a little snippier than need be as well. For all anyone knows, it could have something to do with my family, or with a different organization. Anyway, I didn't come here to argue about my username. What my username is is irrelevant to this post, and it's very silly to argue, or get offended, by it. I'm sorry if anyone on here was offended because it's a Kappa symbol, but please accept my explanation that it wasn't chosen having to do anything with Kappa.
Thank you to anyone who answered my question. I only came here looking to find out about something I thought might be a potential option for me, and make sure I had accurate information about it. I appreciate your help.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

To your first point, I said that I was irritated by your username, not pissed off. If I had been pissed off, I would have said something along the lines of "Kappa does not do AI, but thanks for appropriating one of our symbols in your username, you presumptuous twit." But I didn't say that.

I do know that Kappa does not reserve the rights to all things owl. We have to share with our Panhellenic sisters of Chi Omega and Mother Nature.

Perhaps a better way for you to broached your question would have been to have chosen a username free of owls, lions, pandas, anchors,angels, kites, arrows, penguins, giraffes, etc. (in other words, generic) and then said something like this:

Hi! I'm generic username. I was unable to pursue sorority membership while I was an undergraduate. Consequently, I am now interested in AI. During the course of my research, I have found information about AI for many sororities, but I have not been successful in finding out if this is an option for Kappa Kappa Gamma. Does Kappa allow AI? Thanks for your help!

Love,
Generic username

Kappa has had her fair share of weirdos and stalkers, so your post set off an alarm with me.

Good luck in your pursuit of AI!

Last edited by amIblue?; 02-14-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
I think their response was a little snippier than need be as well. For all anyone knows, it could have something to do with my family, or with a different organization. Anyway, I didn't come here to argue about my username. What my username is is irrelevant to this post, and it's very silly to argue, or get offended, by it. I'm sorry if anyone on here was offended because it's a Kappa symbol, but please accept my explanation that it wasn't chosen having to do anything with Kappa.
Thank you to anyone who answered my question. I only came here looking to find out about something I thought might be a potential option for me, and make sure I had accurate information about it. I appreciate your help.
You thought my response was snippy?! Whoa.... have you read your own posts? My response was completely informative and wasn't attacking you, attacking your chosen username, or insulting in any way. I thought it would be helpful to know that you likely won't get many answers here. That way you wouldn't feel ignored or insulted by the lack of response.

I wish you luck in your search as well as grad school.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Kappa doesn't have exclusive rights to owls you know. I used my car keys today, and that doesn't make me a Kappa wannabe. Why would anyone, on a Greek site, in a thread about AIing into Kappa, presume that the poster was appropriating a KKG symbol? That is so ridiculous and mean. Kappas think everything is about them.
I am a troublemaker, you know.

Also, I heart you.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
I just realized this is sarcasm. LOL.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I think a couple of you missed irishpipes' intended sarcasm.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I am a troublemaker, you know.

Also, I heart you.
If I wasn't already a sorority member, I would totally want to AI into yours.