GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,336
2 members and 1,334 guests
g41965, naraht

Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to VTBaZ
where all my sig pi bros at?

see subject
Old 04-17-2005, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Evalin
eh bro

I just registered tonight, see how active this place is. Kinda sad, a Saturday night, and nothing to do... but meh, it's bound to happen from time to time, especially near finals.

anyway, I'm from the Zeta Epsilon up at MTU. Thought I'd throw out an introduction.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to VTBaZ
Good point. Too bad so much stuff is packed into the last few weeks here at VT, it gets overwhelming easily.

We just had our formals in Knoxville, I'll post links to some of the photos later on sometime so you guys can see how Delta Upsilon is livin in Hokieville.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Evalin
so, apperently MTU has had a surge of summer fever. Almost 1/3 of the entire greek comunity up here is staying for the summer, including me and about 7 other bros. Yeah, we're a bit out of the way, but any bro that happens to be in the area, or feels like taking a bit of a road trip at any point over the summer, hotel Zeta Epsilon is open for buisness, and you can't beat the low price of 0$ a day. I'll be posting pictures of some of the happenings if people want (and if I get the motivation to capture them on film)

now I just gotta make my way through finals week, and I can start living again...
Old 09-24-2006, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kwsailor
Hey, my name is Kyle Sailor and i go to University Of Texas at San Antonio and we just started a colony, and were are now working on our charter. I recently just got elected secretary also...so if any bros wanna give us some advice/ help anything helps, (ecspecially the close ones i.e. UT Texas State Texas Tech) that would be great.

thanks.

p.s. were already the second biggest fraternity on campus.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwsailor View Post
Hey, my name is Kyle Sailor and i go to University Of Texas at San Antonio and we just started a colony, and were are now working on our charter. I recently just got elected secretary also...so if any bros wanna give us some advice/ help anything helps, (ecspecially the close ones i.e. UT Texas State Texas Tech) that would be great.

thanks.

p.s. were already the second biggest fraternity on campus.

Congrats! I'm a founding father of Theta Rho at Grand Valley State University (MI). As if to add more fun, I was the Fourth Counselor when we chartered. FYI - Ritual is freakin sweet. Definitely something to look forward to. And, just as if to add cream to coffee, we were the second biggest chapter on campus when we chartered and officially claimed the top spot this semester.

My best advice is to make a name for yourselves early. We colonized in October and won Greek Week in April (our first Greek Week ever!). We lost Lip Sync (the biggest event) and softball (the second biggest event) horribly but came out on top because we evaluated the areas where we could score major points and jumped on them. In the end we only won by thirty points. Day one, however, had the events we knew we could do well in and, by focusing our efforts on our strengths, we came out of the first day with nearly 150 points more than our closest competitor. Do you have to win Greek Week? Not necessarily. You should, however, find something that screams to campus that you are there and you have every intention of becoming the Greek Power on campus.

It also doesn't hurt to cozy up with the sororities. Go to each of their (inter)national websites. Find their founders' day, their mascot and their flower. Show up on their founders day with their flower, a cake (or cookies or brownies or whatever) and a sweet song. They'll be all over you like a fat kid on a cupcake.

I'd also recomend getting involved. Encourage your members to join non-Greek student organizations and to not make their affiliation a secret. I ended up on student senate (every week in a T-Shirt or hoodie that proudly exclaimed SIGMA PI), the president of the law society, on the eboard of a sexual assault education group and in the college dems. Make moves towards Greek leadership as well. One year after colonizing we had one of our members won the presidency of IFC and this year I'm the VP of Judicial affairs and another of our brothers is the VP of programming.

Finally, be careful who you recruit. A few bad members can destroy a colony. Look at the obligations and the ideals. Recruit from there. We had a brother from another school whom we decided was not a good influence for us nor a good image of Sigma Pi for our campus (we ended up discovering that his chapter felt much the same). His behavior and comments alienated many on campus who were otherwise our friends and even alienated our own brothers. In the end we chose not to allow him to affiliate with our chapter and had to make it clear to him that he was not welcome among us. The damage he caused us when he was around was simply unforgivable. No matter how "devoted" he seemed to be to the fraternity it became clear that he did not devote himself to the Ten Obligations or the Five Ideals.

One last thing: Study for the test. Study hard. I've compared our test with those from many other greek organizations. Ours is a bitch. Read your I Believe manual. Take notes. Learn your stuff. Do it early. Believe me, it will help.

Last edited by GV Spi; 10-04-2006 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Another Sigma Pi Founding Father from a brand new colony here! I'm the Brotherhood Chairman for the Kansas State Colony. The Expansion team from International did a great job of bringing in an amazing core of guys, who I'm incredibly proud to be one of, so Jim, Adam, Kyle, and Pete, good job, and thanks. We've also got a couple of great alumni helping us get set up. We'll need 67 men to charter, but we should have 40 after this Sunday. If any of you guys from Grand Valley know Ty Krueger, he's being a great help and is at pretty much every meeting. (If any of you ARE Ty Krueger, Hi!)
Old 12-09-2007, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bballbandit
What's up y'all? Theta Nu Chapter from the University of Houston

Old 12-27-2008, 07:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Beta Eta Chapter at San Jose State University
Old 05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

website

sup guys...my name is Chris and Im a brother at the college of new jersey...(theta delta chapter..just won grand sage cup for our tier for the 2nd time since our charter in 2000)...anyway, me and one of my good friends thats a brother at Monmouth U are starting up a website strictly for selling Sigma Pi rush shirts...when its all ready i'll post the link on here..if you hae ANY sick rush shirts that uve used in the past send me and email... Skae2@tcnj.edu

so I can redesign it so its sellable on the website to other chapters! thanks!