GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,108
4 members and 2,104 guests
John

Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for the lovely compliments. I am between purchasing the cathedral length lace veil or a fingertip length illusion veil, but I need to make a decision soon because it will take another 4-6 months for that to come in. It's just that the cathedral length coordinating veil costs about as much as some wedding dresses, and while I paid for my dress, my mom has volunteered to cover the cost of the veil. I will, however, definitely be wearing a veil.

At this point, I am just hoping that I have no major (or even minor) weight changes between now and April. Fingers crossed.
-GKC
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
That picture took my breath away. GORGEOUS!

KLTC
Old 08-17-2012, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

LOVE your dress! It's beautiful.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

My latest obsessions....all Sophia Tolli
Sorry in advance for the giant pics.

Jillian

Gilda

Olga
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 PM

Monique Lhuillier:

Franc Sarabia:

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 PM

Romona Keveza.

La Sposa for Pronovias:

Rosa Clara:

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I finally went and tried on a a few bridal gowns last weekend. I tried on 4, and this one is my favorite. I would either remove the strap or add on another and then close the bottom a bit.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM

Novia D'Art:

Dennis Basso:

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Gems from the fall 2013 collections that premiered recently:

Jenny Packham:

Anne Barge:

Vera Wang:

Amsale:

Rivini:

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Gems from the fall 2013 collections that premiered recently:

Jenny Packham:

*Thumbs up*
Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 AM

More Fall 2013 gems:

Claire Pettibone:

Heidi Elnora:

Oscar de la Renta:

Reem Acra:

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]Gems from the fall 2013 collections that premiered recently:

Vera Wang:

Ms. Wang how I love thee....but seriously could you at least get models who DON'T look ANOREXIC!!!!!!!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Ms. Wang how I love thee....but seriously could you at least get models who DON'T look ANOREXIC!!!!!!!
Yeah, like that will happen anytime soon!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
I finally went and tried on a a few bridal gowns last weekend. I tried on 4, and this one is my favorite. I would either remove the strap or add on another and then close the bottom a bit.

Eek! This is Demetrios, I can tell by the photography!

I say eek cause I have a cautionary tale. My dress was by Demetrios and I got it from the Demetrios store. Not sure if that's where you went, but based on past conversations, I know it might be a possibility. Now I am sure the store is just wonderful most of the time, but I was really turned off by the screw up.

Basically, I had a customization on my dress (they removed a detail under the bust and added a belt) and they screwed up something in the process. They misplaced the belt when the order came in. Okay, fine, not that big of a deal (and for the record, I was very calm about being told my belt was gone...I mean, there was still 7 months left til the wedding! Mama Lovespink did not take it well, I had to calm her down lol)

However, I REALLY did not appreciate being told I was wrong when it was clearly their fault. Not sure if they ever ended up figuring out what happened but all I know is that my belt went missing and my file was marked "taken". The problem was that I most certainly did not pick it up. 1) I was never notified that it came in, even though I was told I was going to get two separate phone calls, one for the dress one for the belt. 2) If I did, why would I drive out there to pick up the dress AND the belt separately?

The manager just overall handled the situation extremely poorly. All she did was flat out told us it was gone, said she needed to check with the other manager before offering a solution and didn't even apologize for the situation. I don't care that she had no idea what happened, I just spent thousands of dollars on her company's product...a little empathy would go a long way in this frustrating situation.

So, not the end of the world, and I'm sure my situation was rare...but looking back I wish I would have ordered through the place where I got alterations done (because Demetrios lost my business after the incident).

ETA: For the record, I did email their corporate after the fact. (I do go out of my way to complain about poor service--Best Buy and AT&T also know this ) This is the part of the story where I got heated. I explained the situation in a very tactful manners, explaining that I didn't want anything in return but that I just wanted to express my disappointment. I didn't hear a THING for weeks, except for a generic "thank you for contacting us, we'll respond ASAP". I followed up again, same thing. I took my complaint to Facebook. What do you know, within a half hour of posting it, I get a call from their customer service AND the owner of the company.

The owner of the company was incredibly nice! Their customer service was a bit lacking. She told me that they would have responded to my email if I just sent them one, instead of writing on Facebook. Oh, and before even posting on FB, my plan was to come back and comment on my post if they took care of the issue. Customer service decided to delete my comment before I had the chance to do so It was literally 15 minutes after they called!

Anywho, my two cents on the company.

Last edited by lovespink88; 11-13-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Eek! This is Demetrios, I can tell by the photography!

I say eek cause I have a cautionary tale. My dress was by Demetrios and I got it from the Demetrios store. Not sure if that's where you went, but based on past conversations, I know it might be a possibility. Now I am sure the store is just wonderful most of the time, but I was really turned off by the screw up.

Basically, I had a customization on my dress (they removed a detail under the bust and added a belt) and they screwed up something in the process. They misplaced the belt when the order came in. Okay, fine, not that big of a deal (and for the record, I was very calm about being told my belt was gone...I mean, there was still 7 months left til the wedding! Mama Lovespink did not take it well, I had to calm her down lol)

However, I REALLY did not appreciate being told I was wrong when it was clearly their fault. Not sure if they ever ended up figuring out what happened but all I know is that my belt went missing and my file was marked "taken". The problem was that I most certainly did not pick it up. 1) I was never notified that it came in, even though I was told I was going to get two separate phone calls, one for the dress one for the belt. 2) If I did, why would I drive out there to pick up the dress AND the belt separately?

The manager just overall handled the situation extremely poorly. All she did was flat out told us it was gone, said she needed to check with the other manager before offering a solution and didn't even apologize for the situation. I don't care that she had no idea what happened, I just spent thousands of dollars on her company's product...a little empathy would go a long way in this frustrating situation.

So, not the end of the world, and I'm sure my situation was rare...but looking back I wish I would have ordered through the place where I got alterations done (because Demetrios lost my business after the incident).

ETA: For the record, I did email their corporate after the fact. (I do go out of my way to complain about poor service--Best Buy and AT&T also know this ) This is the part of the story where I got heated. I explained the situation in a very tactful manners, explaining that I didn't want anything in return but that I just wanted to express my disappointment. I didn't hear a THING for weeks, except for a generic "thank you for contacting us, we'll respond ASAP". I followed up again, same thing. I took my complaint to Facebook. What do you know, within a half hour of posting it, I get a call from their customer service AND the owner of the company.

The owner of the company was incredibly nice! Their customer service was a bit lacking. She told me that they would have responded to my email if I just sent them one, instead of writing on Facebook. Oh, and before even posting on FB, my plan was to come back and comment on my post if they took care of the issue. Customer service decided to delete my comment before I had the chance to do so It was literally 15 minutes after they called!

Anywho, my two cents on the company.
Oh, I've heard terrible things about the Demetrios store! I actually went to Macy's to try on dresses. Thank you for the feedback about the company because if I get said dress, I would end up "customizing" it a little- making it strapless, opening the bust cups and closing the bottom a bit. Did you ever post pics here of your dress on your wedding day?