GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,364
0 members and 1,364 guests
No Members online

Old 09-01-2016, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

^^ the mom is saying it too. ETA: replying to DubaiSis and Titchou's post snuck in or something of the sort.

Last edited by AZTheta; 09-01-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-01-2016, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
^^ the mom is saying it too. ETA: replying to DubaiSis and Titchou's post snuck in or something of the sort.
I mean that the girl is lying and there's a reason. My guess is it's easier to say she can't rush than to say she doesn't want to. And not rushing, especially for a colony is ok. Colony membership is not a passive endeavor. If she's not REALLY sure she's up for it, then better to wait for other alternatives. And none is an alternative.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

The title of this thread asks about your daughter's chances. I'd give her a 0% chance of ever going Greek if she refuses to maximize her options (COB and colonization recruitment). All of the A&M houses are strong. All of the newer houses that have colonized in the last 20 years are flourishing. There is no reason to believe AOPi won't be fabulous as well, but Lordy, your daughter has got to take some more initiative than looking on a website and saying "oh, well, too late."

Her actions are saying she thinks she's too good for the chapters that might give her a chance. My advice is to let her be an independent 18-year-old and make her own life decisions, stating now. If she keeps complaining, remind her the ball is in her court.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to make everyone upset. I meant no disrespect to the colonizing sorority. I am sure that all the sororities are wonderful, and she has to decide if she wants to pursue her options. I just tried the link again and when I click on signups, it says that signups are closed. The link to learn more works. I just don't know why the sign up link says signups are closed when I click on it and others can get thru. I will suggest to her that she tries the Greek life office.

Last edited by Jane2016; 09-02-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe try a different browser or clear the cookies
Old 09-20-2016, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi! I'm a colonizing member of Tri Sigma at Auburn this year. Colonizing is an incredible and unique experience and I would highly encourage your daughter to pursue it. As far as sign ups being closed, it could be that they have not yet opened rather than being closed. (There was some confusion about that here) If they are truly already closed, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the end for her. Many colonies participate in COB so encourage her to go to any events that they may have. Even if the sorority is not for her, she will have the opportunity to meet new friends.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Right this minute, it says "you must first log in before you can sign up." And under LOGIN, in faint letters, it says "Don't Have a Login? Sign up here."