GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,388
2 members and 2,386 guests
Cookiez17, Sciencewoman

Old 09-23-2016, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it is also important to consider the possibility (however slight it might be) that someone who does not like A Johnson for some reason is trying to harm her chances of joining the new colony.

I have to think that someone smart enough to attend U Mass would not be so dumb as to a) use their real name in this day and age when creating a profile on an Internet site when the purpose seems to b) be very antagonistic from the very start. And certainly if that WAS the intent, he/she achieved that objective quite well considering that we've now all but decided for Tri Sigma (and every other campus chapter) that none of the women there named A Johnson are ever getting a bid to an NPC chapter.

Perhaps I've seen one too many "bullying cheerleader moms" stories down here in this region. Or seen someone get bullied by someone this way (posing as someone to bully them). I'm not saying that's what actually happened, but perhaps a voice of reason as the lynch mob descends....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2016, 09:08 AM

You'd think, but people keep doing things online every day to the contrary.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Consider: the OP deleted her comments, which an impostor would not likely do. Instead, the comments would remain and the shit-stirrer would be enjoying the furor. Taking your reasoning even further: this thread was started by someone trying to sabotage the Tri Sigma colony. See where we can go with this? That's why I dislike speculating, and why I (bluntly) address what is in front of me.

The original post read, to me, as immature, shallow, and superficial. The retort to my post was rude, and followed in the tone of the first post. What happened after that was out of my sphere of influence.

It's possible to be book-smart, and also socially immature. Witness the focus on caring what others think (typical of most 18 year olds).

Personally I think KSUViolet's response was spot-on. If the OP read the linked information (which I did) she is likely regretting her comments here. I don't ever want to interfere in anyone's recruitment (have stated that repeatedly in the past). I think the OP did a fine job of self-sabotage, but that's on her, not me.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow...Just wow...

If KSUViolet and the other alumnae of Sigma Sigma Sigma who have posted here are any indication of what their membership is like, then OP or any other young woman would be lucky to be a member.

We just had a new sorority colonize at our school a few years ago. They took the student body president, presidents of many campus organizations, and young women with spectacular grades and resumes. Certainly not anybody's leftovers. They have an active social schedule, a beautiful new house, a strong sisterhood, and a growing philanthropy.

OP, I think it's sometimes helpful to come to a website where people you don't know post advice when asked for it. But you need to be willing to accept it graciously. If you don't want it, then don't ask for it. Talk to friends are your own school.

Good luck to you. I would definitely email the expansion team and show them your interest. I think things will work out as they should.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm currently colonizing Tri Sigma at Auburn and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Panhellenic has been so incredible and supporting so I would not worry about it at all. However, if you do decide to pursue colonization, I would suggest that you put your happiness above your concern for what others will think. Tri Sigma is looking for leaders and trailblazers to colonize. They are also looking for positive and caring people who make future PNMs want to be a Tri Sigma woman. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by AubieObsessed; 09-24-2016 at 02:34 PM.