GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,499
2 members and 2,497 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektruth View Post
The website doesn't say 'high school GPA'

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
What else could it mean if they accept first semester freshmen?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It doesn't have to. If you accept first semester freshman and your GPA requirement is a 2.35...where would this GPA come from? Lets not try to get them off on a technicality.

BTW the vast majority of Beta's founders are sign ons who count "pledging" from first email they send to SLB nationals to when they officially sign the paper to become brothers. This is why you get so many SLB and SLG members who report pledging for 5 to 6 months when they are founders they count filing the paper work with the school and studying SLB information as their "process".

*smoke- bomb*- I'm out!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone with a 2.35 gets this:

...that goes for high school or college!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Will you stop flouncing and just opt to stick around? It's time we had some excitement around here.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
Anyone with a 2.35 gets this:

...that goes for high school or college!
A Brazilian flip-flop?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

"La Chancla"--popular device among Latina mothers, grandmothers, and aunties; used to threaten wayward children; often seen flying across the room when a child or teen (or even a grown child) does something stupid.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
"La Chancla"--popular device among Latina mothers, grandmothers, and aunties; used to threaten wayward children; often seen flying across the room when a child or teen (or even a grown child) does something stupid.

HA! We talked about this on GC before! I remember now. LMAOOOOO
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL DIABLO! I'm mad I knew exactly what you meant by showing la chancla gave me bad memories!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
What else could it mean if they accept first semester freshmen?
Devil's advocate.

My point is that, unless this person is a Beta (the posts suggest that s/he isn't), s/he shouldn't be speaking so definitively about their membership standards. If Little Dragon confirms that it's a HS GPA, so be it. This GreekTruth person seems to only want to start shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektruth View Post
It doesn't have to. If you accept first semester freshman and your GPA requirement is a 2.35...where would this GPA come from? Lets not try to get them off on a technicality.

BTW the vast majority of Beta's founders are sign ons who count "pledging" from first email they send to SLB nationals to when they officially sign the paper to become brothers. This is why you get so many SLB and SLG members who report pledging for 5 to 6 months when they are founders they count filing the paper work with the school and studying SLB information as their "process".

*smoke- bomb*- I'm out!
You should probably go back to the hate blog.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

lol we've been speaking definitively about a whole bunch of stuff in this thread, whether entitled to or not.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Devil's advocate.

My point is that, unless this person is a Beta (the posts suggest that s/he isn't), s/he shouldn't be speaking so definitively about their membership standards. If Little Dragon confirms that it's a HS GPA, so be it. This GreekTruth person seems to only want to start shit.

You should probably go back to the hate blog.
knight shadow !! 11,000th POST!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

If you haven't noticed I'm reading the thread haven't been compelled to respond to anything...yet. lol
Old 04-21-2011, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
lol we've been speaking definitively about a whole bunch of stuff in this thread, whether entitled to or not.
I could give this person the benefit of the doubt if s/he mentioned other organizations who accept first semester freshmen. S/he's a little too focused on SLB to be a "casual observer" trying to give some legitimate input. Also, who's to say that they don't have a deferred initiation (after college grades have posted)? We don't know.

I'm probably peeved because this person's posts are too similar to those in the "Infamous Hate Blog," which is a whole 'nother beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
knight shadow !! 11,000th POST!!!!!!
I talk too much lol

Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Response

Quote:
Are you a Beta?

If not, you don't need to be speaking so definitively about the organization. If so, you are stupid for putting your business on the street.
No, Knight_Shadow (congrats on your 11,000th post), he ain't no Beta, he just like to spread an open hate for SLB, for reasons he only knows. This is not the first time he appears on this or other sites, and his every intervention is always to hate on SLB or on SLB men.

Nowhere in the SLB website, it states high school GPA, as Greektruth claims. As per SLB website: SLB membership requirement is full time enrollment in college with a minimum 2.35 GPA.

How does that work? Well, each university has it Greek requirements. Those need to be met. If the University allows a GPA lower than 2.5, then SLB will only go as low as 2.35, but the University requirements need to be met first. Will SLB accept every 2.35 GPA student? Of course not. He would be interviewed, SLB would know the reason behind the 2.35 GPA. If the person is found he can't raise his GPA, he won't be allowed to join.

EDIT
We are talking about a 2.35 college GPA. If the person is a 1st semester freshman, of course, that's another story, and will be handle accordingly.

ΓΒΦ, BΓΣ, ΦKΦ, OΔK
Societies

Last edited by Little Dragon; 04-21-2011 at 10:16 PM.