GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,131
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodap
» Online Users: 1,294
2 members and 1,292 guests
navane, Yodap

Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Administrator

GreekChat supporting member subscriptions are now available. $29 for 1 year & $99 for 5 years. Other subscription levels might be available in the future.

As this is so new for GC, I'll only be posting about it here in this thread so we can make sure everything is running smoothly before promoting GC subscriptions site-wide.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to become a GC supporter! Your support is definitely needed and is most appreciated.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Done.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Kevin!

So far looks like everything is working properly with automatic account upgrades after subscribing. GC supporters will be able to access the private subscribers-only forum after making the purchase. That's setup to be automatic with the account upgrade happening within seconds. If anyone cannot access the private forum within a few minutes or so after subscribing, send me a PM and I'll get it sorted out.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a list which clearly delineates the benefits of membership?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho4life View Post
Yes, it's in the link in the original post.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rho4life View Post
Yes, you can find that at http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/payments.php I'll have a more visible list posted soon.

I want to make supporting GC as valuable as possible for those who do so. GC needs the support and I definitely want to make supporting the site worth it. I'll be adding to the list of bonus account features & benefits as much as I can.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks John for all you do. Just went on the link and became a new "subscriber!"
Old 06-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Thanks for subscribing! I appreciate your support.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 PM

I'll be subscribing as soon as DH is employed again. Looking forward to that day!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
I'll be subscribing as soon as DH is employed again. Looking forward to that day!
Thanks for that.

I might be hitting the job market soon as well. All depends on how things go with a few current projects. I'd much rather be able to spend a lot more time working on GC and/or other sites, but things need to happen soon if I'm to continue doing this sort of work as my primary income.

Best of luck to the DH in getting employed again.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

I'll subscribe as soon as I can. No $$ right now.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Thanks NP, I appreciate it.

Being low on funds is also what finally compelled me to get the paid subscriptions started. I don't really prefer either option of loading GC up with ads or asking members to subscribe, but it's getting to the point where I don't have a choice. Hopefully will turn this situation all around soon. The good part about how I'm setting up the subscriptions is that it's completely optional, everyone will still have full access to the forums and for subscribers there will be plenty of bonus account features which should make subscribing quite valuable.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thanks NP, I appreciate it.

Being low on funds is also what finally compelled me to get the paid subscriptions started. I don't really prefer either option of loading GC up with ads or asking members to subscribe, but it's getting to the point where I don't have a choice. Hopefully will turn this situation all around soon. The good part about how I'm setting up the subscriptions is that it's completely optional, everyone will still have full access to the forums and for subscribers there will be plenty of bonus account features which should make subscribing quite valuable.
Sounds good & fair!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
GreekChat supporting member subscriptions are now available. $29 for 1 year & $99 for 5 years. Other subscription levels might be available in the future.

As this is so new for GC, I'll only be posting about it here in this thread so we can make sure everything is running smoothly before promoting GC subscriptions site-wide.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to become a GC supporter! Your support is definitely needed and is most appreciated.
John: if I were to add this quote to the U. Miss. Rush thread, you might get those 25-ish subscriptions faster. Just wanted to feel you out before I did that because I wanted to be sure that was a sanctioned move as I know IT management is a delicate balancing act. Heck you could add the idea to that thread yourself as that would be even better. I prefers be the "talk show host" there rather than any other role.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:

Did something happen to the 5 year option? when I click on the link above I only get the 1 year option.