GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,532
0 members and 2,532 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2003, 02:52 PM
That1LoudChick

Dawson's Creek

Since I have nothing better to do from 10 AM to 12 PM on weekday mornings, I watch Dawson's Creek reruns. Well Jack recently became a "Sigma Ep" which kinda sounded "Sig Ep" to me. aka- Jack on Dawson's Creek is a Sigma Phi Epsilon.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-18-2003, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by That1LoudChick
Since I have nothing better to do from 10 AM to 12 PM on weekday mornings, I watch Dawson's Creek reruns. Well Jack recently became a "Sigma Ep" which kinda sounded "Sig Ep" to me. aka- Jack on Dawson's Creek is a Sigma Phi Epsilon.
Not true! If you watch the show a little more carefully you'll see that the name of his fraternity on the show is Sigma Epsilon. (National GLOs don't very often allow TV/Movies/Etc. to use their letters.)

Last edited by GPhiSweetiePie; 07-18-2003 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:10 PM
That1LoudChick

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiSweetiePie
Not true! If you watch the show a little more carefully you'll see that the name of his fraternity on the show is Sigma Epsilon. (National GLOs don't very often allow TV/Movies/Etc. to use their letters.)
Sorry! All I kept hearing was "Sig Ep."
Old 07-18-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, I've been watching it lately too. Whenever they talk about the house, they say "Sigma Ep"...I think that was their way of trying to avoid any flack from SFE
Old 07-18-2003, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
so i was watching the disney channel last night and i saw one of the epsiodes where Ray being a member of Alpha Phi Alpha was mentioned. one of his brothers appeared on the show. i was really excited!
Old 07-18-2003, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
i've been meaning to post, but a couple of nites ago there was a whole sister sister episode about the nphc. either tia or tamara (i can't remember which) was trying to decide between delta sigma theta and alpha kappa alpha. her mom was a delta and ray was an alpha phi alpha. they were trying to get her to pick their sorority or sister sorority. also kappa alpha psi was featured in the step show. it was pretty cool.

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 07-19-2003, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the coolest thing today...you know those special interest group license plates you can get, like the ones that say "spay your pet" or whatever? (My parents have a University of Kentucky one, even though they have a TN plate...).
Anyway, I saw a TN one with Kappa Alpha Psi's letters and crest on it -- I'd never seen any fraternity or sorority plates like that before!
Old 07-20-2003, 02:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Too funny! I was waiting in line to cross the border yesterday and at the top of the Customs booths coming into Canada they have the flags of all the Provinces

I saw this flag
and thought
Kappa Kappa Gamma! (one of my cousins is a Kappa)

Instead of thinking "hmmm the flag of Qučbec" I am thinking KKG! I mean it has fleur de lis all over it!

(Shhh don't tell my husband I said this! He was born and raised in Montrčal, Qučbec)

There is one chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma in Qučbec
at McGill University in Montrčal

Quote:
Originally posted by sherbertlemons
I also noticed a million fleur-de-lis today.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Went to a mass today at the St. Peter's, and guess what's above the high altar: Sigma Kappa letters! Of course they were part of a Greek inscription, but just funny to see they are written at one of the holiest place on earth!

Do you see it? On the right side, it is Sigma - Upsilon - Beta - Omicron - Sigma - Kappa - etc. Not so visible, but they are upthere, you can see clearly the Sigma, and the Kappa is rather behind the pilaster.

Just a thought to share with the group
Old 07-21-2003, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Last Saturday I was chillin' at home and watching MTV'S Made (the one about the 5th year HS senior). The guy was wearing a Kappa Sigma rush shirt from 1997.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
well, i got to see a few different groups represented this weekend. my friend who is a delta zeta married a sigma tau gamma. there was an alpha gamma delta as a bridesmaid and a sigma kappa (one of my chapter sisters) who did a reading (you sisters would know what verse she read). and then there was me, a sigma kappa, my friend who was another alpha gamma delta represented, and an alpha phi. oh yeah, and there were a couple of more sigma tau gamma's as groomsmen. didn't see the letters necessarily, but saw them represented well.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 07-21-2003, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

After meeting an AGD from another chapter (Auburn), I went to Kohls (yea, I know I went yesterday ), anyway, I saw this "older" lady with a beautiful Tri-Delt diamond D! By the time I got up my courage to say something, she was gone, lol.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally off the subject, but have you seen the Kohl's commercial with the ice cream man? I think that has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while! The song and the ice cream man are a hoot!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXEgirl Send a message via Yahoo to AXEgirl
This isn't about my letters, but...

I was working this weekend at Express, and over the course of the weekend, I helped a AXO, a ZPhiB, and a DZ. I've never seen so many Greeks in the store at one time.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I am watching some show on CBS right now. Sorry I don't know what it is. But a guy is wearing a light blue pi phi t-shirt. No other greek letters to be found though. And I am guessing he is not a pi phi . lol