GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,594
0 members and 2,594 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: I live on campus but i am from the suburbs of chicago
depaul recruitment

i am freshman at depaul and i really want to join a sorority. there are four chapters plus a new one that is colonizing. They all seem really nice and i defintely have my two favorites right now. but i heard rumors of one sorority that was kicked off campus and they are comingback later this year. What do you do in this situation?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2007, 03:45 AM

My advice is to contact your school's Greek Life Office and ask them about rumors of another chapter coming back to campus. They are the ones who will know about any colonizations at your school or chapters returning to campus..

As far as recruitment goes, keep an open mind. You say you have 2 faves (everybody has faves at some point) but it's important to be open to considering all of the sororities on campus.

I suggest checking out the General Advice thread for more advice about recruitment:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=54403

Good luck!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Unregistered-

What situation?

If you're curious about a potential group coming back, ask someone in the Greek Life office.

Pay no attention the rumors going around and go into rush with an open mind. You'll get to meet 4 wonderful groups during formal recruitment and possibly one more with Delta Gamma colonizing.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment at De Paul?

Are you currently going thru recruitment at De Paul right now? De Paul is a great university. I read somewhere a few years back that it always ranked at the top of the student and alumnae "satisfaction surveys." It seems to be building its NPC sorority system now, as most of the NPC orgs there are newer. Is it confirmed that DG is colonizing there this year? I can check their website.
At any rate, I echo the previous posters that you can always check with the Greek advisor about a sorority's status. If you are going thru recruitment, you can always check with your rho chi/gamma chi. I'm an older alumn in the Chicago area, and was a "rush counselor" many years ago.
It seems that all the Chicago area universities are expanding their Greek systems. Loyola has been for several years now; I observed it while I still worked there. De Paul has also added several new groups recently. I'm still trying to get info on the possible NPC expansion at Roosevelt; someone posted that a local was trying to affiliate with a national. I know that there are several other posters on GC from Chicago & its surrounding areas; and Chicago is loaded with alumnae from GLO's. Let us know how it goes, and if you have any other questions.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 AM

hugsnkisses, Delta Gamma is definitely colonizing this fall at DePaul! I would guess you received information on the colonization through recruitment, if not, definitely go to the Greek Advisor's office to get information AND ask any other questions you might have.

Last edited by AOIIalum; 09-26-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: run-on sentences are not attractive first thing in the AM
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Just remember to keep an open mind throughout recruitment. I had 2 favorites at the beginning of recruitment my freshman year, but I changed my mind and fell in love with my sorority as the week went on. Don't limit yourself to just two sororities.

Good luck with recruitment, and keep up posted

We're the girls who wear the pearls
You can't beat those sexy squirrels!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohugsnkissesxo View Post
but i heard rumors of one sorority that was kicked off campus and they are comingback later this year. What do you do in this situation?
This happens sometimes. A sorority may close due to low numbers/financial instability or they may be "kicked off" for disciplinary reasons. However, if a sorority is "kicked off", there will most certainly be a waiting period of at least 5 years (i.e. to make sure all of their members graduate) before the sorority's HQ recolonizes. It'll be a completely fresh start and the chapter will take the form of the women who colonize it, not necessarily the old reputation.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I was going to stay away from this thread but...

One group was put on probation but they are coming back in the Winter Quarter of this year. Our Greek Life Director is more than happy to talk to you and answer any questions/concerns. I suggest going to her directly for you will receive the straight facts as opposed to tent talk.
Go Chi O!