GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,102
0 members and 2,102 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2001, 11:57 AM
Banned

Angry Being fired!

Has anyone been fired?
Why?
How many times?
Old 08-09-2001, 01:08 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Yes, have been fired before, more than once!
For little or no reason that I know of. I started this thread because I was CURIOUS to know if this is a common practice.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
I have been fired/quit several jobs, the lamest reason that I can think of that I have been fired for was the fact at one of my jobs I didn’t much care for the people and would never go out with them after work. I hate when people that you work with want to socialize all the time I like to be able to forget about work when im not there. The only exception to this rule would probably be restaurant jobs, because you always work crazy hours and if you want to do something your pretty much half to hang out with them.
Old 08-09-2001, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

KilarneyRose- Was your sorority ok with the fact that you worked at Hooters? I have heard that posing for Playboy or being a stripper can get you kicked out of your house- not that Hooters is like these since you are waiting tables with clothes on, but you know that there are people who see it as girls showing off their bodies. SO I'm just curious.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:32 PM

Wink

Tracy - did you work at Monroeville or Station Square? Aww, every time I go past there I will think of you now! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

Lana, what's a Marie Callendars?
Old 08-09-2001, 08:38 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl:
Tracy - did you work at Monroeville or Station Square? Aww, every time I go past there I will think of you now! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif

Lana, what's a Marie Callendars?
Station Square? It really exists! I thought it was just some city made up on Sonic Adventure 1. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif
Old 08-09-2001, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Marie Callendars is kind of like a Perkins, but a little pricier. They are more of a breakfast place in my opinion. The waiters wear ties and aprons instead of polos like Perkins. One waitress dropped some chicken on the dirty floor and picked it up and served it bc she didn't want to take the time to have the cooks recook it! EWWW
Old 08-09-2001, 09:07 PM

Hi 33Girl! Actually, I worked at a Hooters in Virginia Beach. I'm not sure if they had Hooters in Pittsburgh when I lived there; would have been much easier to make my tuition payments if they had!! http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif

AlphaSigLana! I worked there well after I graduated from college. My degree and PR experience didn't mean much in a tight Virginia Beach job market that was flooded with other military wives so I figured, hey why not?? http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif (well, other than the fact that hubby went ballistic when he found out)

------------------
@~Tracy~@

"...For it's just the flame of a sister's love, that makes the world go round."

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE DZ COLLEGIANS DURING RUSH!!!
Old 08-09-2001, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I dont see hooters as being a bad place. I knew an AOII and XO who worked at one. One of the XOs in fact married one of my brothers http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited August 09, 2001).]
Old 08-09-2001, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

KilarneyRose- I hope you didn't think that I thought less of you bc you worked at Hooters. I go to school in a small town and I think a lot of the people are closeminded. I can just imagine having sisters upset if I worked at Hooters whether or not I was an alumnae.Half the fashion I like that is popular in LA or NY is beyond many people at my school. I hate when people ask," Why are you dressed up?" Because I care about myself and i want to look nice.I just know one sorority girl who worked as a stripper and ended up being kicked out of her sorority, but being a stripper is quite different. Anyway I've gotten completely off topic.
Old 08-10-2001, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Uhoh I get the feeling you were fired- sorry to hear that!
Nope never been fired. Once I worked at Marie Callendars and I hated it. I think if I would've stayed longer I could've gotten fired bc I hated one of the female bosses. Sometimes I would get an attitude bc she was such a witch.
Old 08-10-2001, 12:43 AM

I was fired from Hooters but it wasn't my fault. My husband came back a few days early from a ship's underway and came into the place and physically removed me. Nonetheless, I got a letter saying that they would never, ever in a million years hire me back again. http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
@~Tracy~@

"...For it's just the flame of a sister's love, that makes the world go round."

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE DZ COLLEGIANS DURING RUSH!!!
Old 08-10-2001, 12:49 AM

I have never been fired thank god. At the place I work right now, they would never fire me unless I was caught doing something I shouldn't be.
Old 08-10-2001, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Lana - Yeah, Greeley is interesting. My whole family lives there and I get forced to spend time there frequently.

Tracy - I'm sure Hooters was a good job in a lot of ways. Hey, I just liked waitressing in general because it's fun people and a crazy lifestyle. I just wondered how many idiots you have to deal with in a place like that. I know there is security and door guys and stuff but did you ever have to deal with a really bad situation? I just ask because I used to live and work really close to a Hooters in Denver and I heard some stories coming out of there. (We all drank at the same bars after work.)
Old 08-10-2001, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by veruca76:
[B]Lana - Yeah, Greeley is interesting. My whole family lives there and I get forced to spend time there frequently.

]
Funny thing is, when I worked in a bar in Greeley I probably had to deal with more crap than if I HAD worked at Hooters.....