GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,475
1 members and 1,474 guests
Titchou
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
NIC
I hope he knows what this is.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm4 View Post
There is a chapter of Theta Chi at the new school, unfortunately I haven't heard very good things about it, although I'd probably check it out.
That's such a pussy reason, tbh.

If you think it could use some help, help it out. But don't say "Oh I want to terminate my membership cuz the chapter here sucks!!!111ONE!11!!!!"
Old 07-31-2008, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
I hope he knows what this is.
My fear that he didn't is why I hyper-linked it in my previous post.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
There's nothing really wrong with the particular one I joined, me leaving more has to do with financial/personal reasons. There is a chapter of Theta Chi at the new school, unfortunately I haven't heard very good things about it, although I'd probably check it out. So
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERTEKE View Post
That's such a pussy reason, tbh.

If you think it could use some help, help it out. But don't say "Oh I want to terminate my membership cuz the chapter here sucks!!!111ONE!11!!!!"
If you're having financial issues with one fraternity, you'll probably have them with another, unless the dues at your new school are a good deal lower.

I would get to know the Theta Chi chapter at the new school before you chuck your membership. Consider that the chapters at the new school may not want you if they hear you quit a fraternity, especially one that has a chapter on campus - or they may not want you period.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My fear that he didn't is why I hyper-linked it in my previous post.
I fear we've crossed the line from helpful to spoonfeeding.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
There's nothing really wrong with the particular one I joined, me leaving more has to do with financial/personal reasons. There is a chapter of Theta Chi at the new school, unfortunately I haven't heard very good things about it, although I'd probably check it out. So what exactly does that mean that Theta Chi isn't in the NPHC in terms of switching/canceling membership?
At least check them out.

College is just a few years out of your life. Membership and brotherhood extends well past your graduation.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
I fear we've crossed the line from helpful to spoonfeeding.
I prefer to think of it as prophylactic posting -- avoiding the "what's the NIC?" post that seemed sure to follow.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I prefer to think of it as prophylactic posting -- avoiding the "what's the NIC?" post that seemed sure to follow.
Ahhhh...I see.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Is he joking?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm in somewhat of an odd situation, and I've read through all of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to see if this situation is any different. I am in a local co-ed fraternity at my college, and I am interested in re-rushing to join a NPC sorority. Does it make any difference that I am currently in a co-ed fraternity, or would it be treated under the same rules as a regular local sorority?

I am meeting with the Greek Council President to discuss this this week (we don't have a Greek Advisor right now) so I will be getting official answers then, but I just wanted to hear from y'alls experiences. Thanks!

ETA: Oh, and after a lot of long, hard, thought I am ok with having to leave my local if necessary. The dedication is not there and has not been there for awhile, and I have done all I can to get everyone involved. I am more than ready to be a part of a group of women who ARE interested and dedicated in bettering themselves and strengthening their sisterhood.

Last edited by rugbyhurts; 11-30-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyhurts View Post
I'm in somewhat of an odd situation, and I've read through all of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to see if this situation is any different. I am in a local co-ed fraternity at my college, and I am interested in re-rushing to join a NPC sorority. Does it make any difference that I am currently in a co-ed fraternity, or would it be treated under the same rules as a regular local sorority?

I am meeting with the Greek Council President to discuss this this week (we don't have a Greek Advisor right now) so I will be getting official answers then, but I just wanted to hear from y'alls experiences. Thanks!

ETA: Oh, and after a lot of long, hard, thought I am ok with having to leave my local if necessary. The dedication is not there and has not been there for awhile, and I have done all I can to get everyone involved. I am more than ready to be a part of a group of women who ARE interested and dedicated in bettering themselves and strengthening their sisterhood.

In terms of NPC rules, you are eligible to participate in recruitment again. I don't know what your local co-ed group's rules are though.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
In terms of NPC rules, you are eligible to participate in recruitment again. I don't know what your local co-ed group's rules are though.
KSUViolet06: Thanks for your quick reply. To be honest, our organization is so disorganized I'm not sure we even have any rules on this. Hypothetically, if my local allows dual membership, would NPC rules allow it? Or does it vary by each organization?

Thanks again!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyhurts View Post
KSUViolet06: Thanks for your quick reply. To be honest, our organization is so disorganized I'm not sure we even have any rules on this. Hypothetically, if my local allows dual membership, would NPC rules allow it? Or does it vary by each organization?

Thanks again!

Let me clarify, you would be eligible to participate in recruitment IF you officially ended your membership with the local. I don't believe the rules allow you to be in both. Even if they do, your campus rules may not allow for it. We had a local on our campus, and those girls were not permitted to rush unless they officially left the local because the SCHOOL had them on record as being members of the local.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Let me clarify, you would be eligible to participate in recruitment IF you officially ended your membership with the local. I don't believe the rules allow you to be in both. Even if they do, your campus rules may not allow for it. We had a local on our campus, and those girls were not permitted to rush unless they officially left the local because the SCHOOL had them on record as being members of the local.
Thank you for your help! Have a wonderful rest of your thanksgiving weekend! =)
Old 11-30-2008, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Check with your campus for specifics. No one here can give you a definite yes or no. I know my local had no rule about having dual membership in an NPC and our local. We had girls join our local and later transfer and join a NPC on their new campus. We recognized them as alumnae. However, I know we had girls initiate and never formally resign their membership and later join another NPC on our campus. It didn't exactly make us happy.

Your campus my not prohibit it but I doubt they would look favorably upon it unless you had already removed yourself from your other GLO.