GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,561
3 members and 1,558 guests
AlwaysSAI, Xidelt

Old 07-02-2001, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb HBOs Stranger Inside

Did anyone see this show last night? It was sort of like OZ, but with a female twist. If you haven't done so, check it out.

Those of you who saw it, your reaction please!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-02-2001, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I understood why Brownie lied, for the manipulation of Treasure, and it worked. But don't understand why Treasure called herself Brownie. I asked AKAD to email me, because I didn't want to ruin it for people who havn't seen it.
Old 07-02-2001, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I know it came on last night. But I missed it! I've been trying to get to HBO's site, but with no luck. Does anybody know when it's coming back on?
Old 07-02-2001, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi_ZETABBW:
I understood why Brownie lied, for the manipulation of Treasure, and it worked. But don't understand why Treasure called herself Brownie. I asked AKAD to email me, because I didn't want to ruin it for people who havn't seen it.
I didn't understand that either.
You can email me your thoughts.
Old 07-02-2001, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I saw the movie......I wonder if there will be a sequel??
Old 07-02-2001, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Okay, I had a few questions. I'm glad other people wondered why Treasure called herself Brownie.

1. What happened to Brownie in the end? I hope that's not giving away anything.

2. What about the Asian lady?

That movie reminded me of something I have known for years: CRIME IS BAD. I can't go to prison...I would be like that woman in the beginning.
Old 07-02-2001, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw this movie last night. The acting was pretty decent. The scene in which Treasure received a 'revelation' after Brownie's fight was really sad. I wonder if this was a pretty good depiction of prison life. Anyhoo, Anyone who has questions about the movie, e-mail me. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else .
Old 07-02-2001, 08:22 PM

Well I haven't heard of this, so obviously I haven't seen it...does any one know when its going to air again?
Old 07-03-2001, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

AKAD: I never want to go to prison is all I can sAY. The women are worse then the men. I seen it last week. The movie was excellent. But email me, I nned to know why Treasure did what she did at the end?
Old 07-03-2001, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Question to anyone who saw the movie from the beginning: When inmates are being checked in, is the prison system really THAT unsterile? I mean, ew, they stuck that thing up everyone's butt without washing it off That's disgusting. I mean let's say I'm at the end of the line. How can you tell me that you're going to stick that thingy in my rear when it has passed through everyone elses?? Um, I don't think so. I guess I would have been spending the night in the hole like that one girl.
Old 07-03-2001, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I thought it was a really good movie. If that's how prison is, I never want to go, but I don't understand why Treasure called herself Brownie at the end. After what she'd done, I wouldn't want anything to do with her. Also, why did Brownie even lie in the first place?
Old 07-03-2001, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamfulOne:
Well I haven't heard of this, so obviously I haven't seen it...does any one know when its going to air again?
I finally got through to the HBO website! Stranger Inside is coming on again this Thursday at 9:30 p.m. EST. It's coming on again after that next Monday, but I can't remember the time right off hand.

Old 07-03-2001, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

I also watched the movie but , I missed the first 1/2 hr. Being in Law Enforcement I can tell you that they summed up just about everything. Prison is no joke and especially maxaimum security one's like the movie.

BrandNubien thanks for the repeat time b/c I am dying to see it from the beginning.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Question

If Brownie lied, where did Treasure get that picture from? Also, it was weird seeing Elenor from "Roc" playing an inmate.
Old 07-05-2001, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I also saw the movie when it first aired. It is like the female version of the HBO show "Oz" I think Brownie lied because you see how she was all into "family" and stuff.