GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,797
3 members and 2,794 guests
chi-o_cat, John, KatieKate1244

Old 09-05-2013, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone used Spokeo?

I have been tasked with reinvigorating my local alumnae association. I have our strip list, but exactly as expected, it's not as complete as I'd like.

So doing my search I came across Spokeo. It seems to have access to a lot of information, but of course you have to pay before you can get to it. So back to my question, has anyone used it? And what do you think?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:20 AM
GreekChat Member

It still shows me living at my mom and dad's. I've been married for 17 years. It also shows me as living at my current address and our first house. I think I would save the money. (I'm also currently working on establishing an alumnae chapter in my area. Good luck!)
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I've done it before. It's a LOT of work, but there's a pretty big pay-off. In the satisfying sense of course, not FINANCIALLY.

That was my concern about Spokeo. They seem to list 2 or 3 addresses for people but I could probably figure out which one was accurate. What I'm actually looking for is the email addresses - trickier because it's hard to tell if it's accurate. It seems Facebook is at least as reliable IF the women will actually respond versus thinking I'm a weirdo creep or being one of those weird (IMO) women who never check their Facebook. The challenge continues.

And note to EVERY GREEK MEMBER EVERYWHERE: Update your contact information with your headquarters. You can probably do that right from the website.